Pages

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Turkey Day

Today I have devoted the biggest part of my day to my family. Although our daughter Noelle & her family had other commitments I shared a wonderful Thnaksgiving meal with my husband Avery and four of our five children and Rebekah's sweetheart Phil. It was a grand day and I had a big surprise when I awoke this morning. My sweet hubby had been up at 5:30 A.M. preparing the turkey, aptly named Demetrius by Rebekah. Each year we name our turkey and this year she chose the name because, she claims, that will be the name of her first born son! LOL! The smell of turkey floated through the house like a dream! Our 19 plus pound bird was golden and beautiful by the noon hour. We are early holiday dinner people and we spent the rest of the day relaxing and enjoying each other's company.

I tried my to duplicate my mom's ice box cheesecake but I think I added too much sugar and it was too sweet. I will work on this for the next big dinner we share.

Jeremy brought the other kids over for the big day. Smokey and Stella enjoyed running in the backyard and feasted on the turkey scraps. Tink & Bandit liked the company and the four of them hung out. Boots and Rose disappeared and I am sure those two are sound asleep somewhere in the house. Plus Jeremy got all his laundry done! Amen!

I talked to my niece Karla in Pueblo. She was hosting her big dinner with her four kids, Katelin, Ryan, Troy and Matt. Add to the brood hubby Aaron and Kate's sweetie Charlie and my sister Mary. Avery's niece Stacie and her three kids James,Dustin and Taylor had no dinner plans and Karla invited them because Stacie's husband Dustin was working today. There is absolutely nothing like feeding people to make you feel happy. We added Jeremy's friend Nick to our brood later today and he enjoyed Avery's gravy saying everywhere he went, people had dry turkey because they opted to forget the gravy! That, in my personal opinion, is absolutely Communism!

We did not take any pictures and I am bummed. I think I will get the camera ready and shoot the pets! Not literally, just photogenically! Darn, I missed snapping Stella and Smokey!

The beautiful Colorado weather added to our awesome day. We watched the Macy's Parade and just were generally thankful for each other.

Tomorrow it is back to work for me as my doctor has the day off but insists on keeping the office open for anyone needing our help. The audiologist has one patient to do a two hour block of testing on and then she is outta there! The M.A. is moving and has the three day weekend to complete her move. So the office manager and myself will hold down the fort. Avery works for a law firm and they always get the long weekend. Nick has a therapy appointment and he is working his body to strength areas that were once weak and soft.

Hannah has plans later this evening and Nick went to spend the night with brother Jeremy. Rebekah and Phil went to hang out with friends so Avery & I will enjoy the Broncos vs. Giants football game. Thanksgiving football is such a tradition in my life. I am grateful to be alive, to be able to afford a decent meal for my family and I am grateful to be able to get up each day and go to work. I thank God that He keeps me always safe in the palm of His hand.

Happy Turkey Day to All! May God Richly Bless You!

1 comment:

Dogmom Diva said...

sounds like you had a wonderful day Anne...glad to hear it, God's blessings to you and yours..

Are you participating in Pink Saturday..I am, need to get started on it..

love u