Pages

Friday, February 19, 2010

WHAT A SAD WORLD

When I started this blog I said I would never use it for any political or otherwise forum but I am so sad. A young 16 year old teen in the North Metro area was murdered after  Valentine's Day at approximately 1:30 in the morning. He was walking home and apparently was just in the wrong place at the wrong time when a car ran him over and people inside that vehicle got out and beat him to death, for no reason, with an aluminum baseball bat. Nathan Bozonier died at the hands of three  gang members. The female driver of the car watched as at least two of these gang members beat this boy to death. Not only am I horrified as a parent of a 16 year old boy of my own but I am mortified that sitting in our white house is a man who refuses to prosecute these gang members to the full extent of the law. I have to say to people with liberal views, perhaps you have to think of Nathan as your own child. Perhaps he was a good friend or a co worker or fellow student at your school. Whatever the reasoning behind such brutal crimes is the fact that America has become so weak willed we sit around and concern ourselves with the likes of disgusting human beings like Bill Clinton and TigerWoods who brag about their infidelities in their ridiculous half -hearted apologies. In regard to Woods, I find it difficult to pray for such an arrogant man with a beautiful wife and child and his absolutely ridiculous reason why he did what he did. It is ludicrous and I suppose we all should pray for him and all the others although I find it so difficult to do. As for Nathan, please pray for his family. His mother Wanda Guzman was on the news this evening, grateful that the police found these criminals with the help of two woman who found the bloodied bat in a local park. I just want to remind everyone to hug your loved ones and keep them close to your heart.

I love blogging and love being light hearted and having fun. Just do not forget. Every moment someone is living and someone is dying. Life can be a very difficult process and always remember to care and try not to get too caught up in all the ridiculous news we see on a daily basis.Try instead to be kinder to someone you don't know.Pray harder for those that are experiencing difficulties. Working in the medical field I see this on a daily basis. When people are difficult to deal with I try to remind myself that they are probably experiencing something far worse then I am. My late wise father use to always say "Remember to be grateful that God is the judge and not mankind." I also remind myself  that Christ Himself got angry and reminded people of their shortcomings. I don't mean to imply that you need to shake your finger at anyone but I do believe in accountability and many years ago my oldest daughter had a teacher who was married to a police officer. Her classroom rule was simple "Don't do the crime, if you can't pay the time." I think we get too soft and let too  many important things slip by. We all need to take a stand and make our government accountable to us. Otherwise we should vote them out and get a new fresh batch in office! Everyone needs to remember you are responsible for your own actions. Dancing around the truth is never going to set your mind at ease. Own up to your mistakes. I think we all could learn lessons from the various tragedies that we see in our daily lives.

I saw a bumper sticker that made me smile last week. It simply stated"Let's outsource our government." I think if the people voted in a new law that made all positions in our government "volunteer" only without pay or benefits we would see a tremendous change in our world.

Thanks for letting me share Nathans story. All I really know about this teen was he was certainly in the wrong  place at the wrong time and his family could use your prayers today & tomorrow and for a really long time to come.

No comments: