Pages

Friday, March 26, 2010

It's Pink Saturday and I Want to Show Off A Few Tea Items

http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com/my_weblog/ Welcome to Pink Saturday! Please follow the link back to Beverly so you can check out her post and also the list of participates. This group has been growing and we all need to be grateful for Beverly because she takes the time out of her busy life to provide us with some fun and friendship each weekend.  Although I get frustrated that I can not seem to make it to every single post to say hello I think warm thoughts of each one of you, because I know you are all individual talents and I enjoy knowing you. 

I am showing off a few pieces of my Vintage Garden collection. Princess house is planning to retire this collection and it makes me very sad. The four mini salt and pepper shakers are already retired. But they are lovely aren't they? The match the rest of the set and here are a few more.
This is a tea cup and saucer. I am sorry the lighting and my camera are not giving the detail and the beauty of this piece. These tea cups with matching saucers are  also retired in Princess House and I love these tea cups. They are very pretty and delicate. I am going to show you a different angle of the picture.

This is a better close up. My Fuchsia nails match the Pink Saturday theme too! Laugh out Loud! : O ).

The large teapot. It is a beauty made of stoneware and it cleans up like a dream! It is currently still available in Princess House. Do you love the pink cabbage rose on the top of the lid?

I was going to do a post about my Easter treasures but so many of them are still at the storage shed due to the snowy weather we have had. So instead I pulled my "Living Water" figurine from the former Home Interior Co. out of my china hutch. Easter really is about the sacrifice Christ made for all of us as He hung on the cross to take away the sins of the whole world. This figurine depicts Christ talking with the woman at the well.Read John 4:7-9. Jesus approached the woman at the well and asked her for a drink of water, Being a Samaritan and Jesus being a Jew she remarked about this. He replied to her "If you knew the gift of God, and who it is  that says to you ' Give me a drink', you would have asked Him, and He would have given you living water." Now I am not going to give the while story to you. Grab your bibles and read it, it is a perfect time of year to read this story as it leads up to the death and resurrection of Christ.

I know I have not displayed classic pinks and I wanted to show you a couple decorating ideas I have using my retired Princess House 390 Candle Lamp. I have looked high and low and I can not find a solid pink large pillar candle. I improvised. I took an 8' candle stick and set in inside my lead crystal PH candle holder. I set them both in my candle lamp. Then I filled it with plastic Easter eggs. You can also use jelly beans. It is a quick and easy decorating idea and makes a nice centerpiece for the table.

I added a Dollar Store white lamb and little brown bunny holding some Easter eggs. This currently resides on my piano. I am planning to make some decoupage eggs and I have a great baby gift idea for you next Pink Saturday using the Princess house 401 chip n dip bowl. It will be pink for a girl! Smile!  :)

Now let's get busy and visit some Pink Saturday participates. First stop by shttp://themarmeladegypsy.blogspot.com/ . This blogger has the coolest collection of bunnies ever! I am a real sucker for Easter pets and love all the cute lambs,chicks and bunnies. I am glad to meet new people each week. I just have not gotten over here before! Stop by.

http://ladykatherineteaparlor.blogspot.com/ Lady Katherine's tea parlor is divine! I over the pink tea set over there. If you have not done so please stop by and say hi! This is a very lovely blog. Her Hannah is as cute as mine!

http://livelaughmakesomething.blogspot.com/ Mary Beth has a great blog with lots of great ideas and lots of fun things to do! I really enjoyed visiting her today. Stop by won't you please?

http://mypaintingroom.blogspot.com/ My Painting Room is a very gorgeous blog and she is having a bunny plate giveaway! I love stopping by and meeting new people! I found this blogger by cruising another blogger's site. Lot's of great ways to meet new blogger buddies!


Evalina athttp://evalinamaria.blogspot.com/ has a very wonderful blog and I really enjoyed stopping by to say hello. She has a great beauty giveaway!

http://dearlittleredhouse.blogspot.com/ Although this blogger does not participate currently in Pink Saturday she has a terrific blog, hit a milestone in her blogging buddies and has a wonderful giveaway. Check her blog out.

I am going to try to visit more blogs each weekend and wish you all a very happy Pink Saturday!

15 comments:

Joyce said...

Hey Anne,
I really enjoyed your blog. It's so nice to meet you....Karen (KJ) is a very sweet lady!
That's funny that you mentioned your nail polish in your posting! HA! I was going to make a comment saying "pretty finger nail!"
I have never seen that figurine before, very inspiring. And yes, it does lead up to Easter perfectly!

I thought your little salt and pepper shakers were so cute and of course...never seen those before either. And of course I love your teacup and teapot!! CUTE, cute.
Have a great weekend...and
BE BLESSED!
Joyce

sarah louise said...

hello anne! thanks for stopping by my blog! i was slow getting my pink saturday post done (i did it in it several increments 'cuz i had 2many photos!), so i wasn't finished yet when you commented -- sorry! if & when you have time, please stop back to see the rest (the beginning, actually!). i enjoy your visits. (o: thank you for showing us your pink treasures -- the tea pot & saucer and salt & pepper shakers are really sweet. the scripture you shared with us is perfect for Easter coming up... and for every time of the year. thank you! i hope you have a nice weekend. (o:

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Love your pretty tea cup and I really love the beautiful Easter figurine!!
Debbie

Jeanie said...

Good morning, Anne! Happy Pink Saturday and thanks for visiting my blog!

I have to say, I'm a sucker for anything related to tea or china and your tea set works on both levels! It really is lovely, with such pretty delicate colors. Thanks for sharing it!

EvalinaMaria said...

Thank you for your lovely pink visit and kind words. Your Vintage Garden collection is beautiful! Have a happy Pink Saturday!

Maggie said...

Lovely tea things!

Happy PS!

In Shoes We Trust.
Maggie Mae
"Do these shoes match this purse?"

Tobi Britton*pinkpixieforest.blogspot.com said...

Hey Anne,
Well here we are, sparkling all over your blog!
Love your tea and Easter stuff!
Sparkly hugs,
Tobi and the Pixies!

Pam - @diy Design Fanatic said...

I really love the large teapot. It is gorgeous! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Chatty Crone said...

Hi, enjoyed your pink items. Pink makes me happy. I liked your salt and pepper shakers too.

And I agree totally with you - I feel for Sandra Bullock. He had it all didn't he?

Sandie

Sue McPeak said...

Hi Anne....lots of pretty pics in your Pink Saturday Post for today. Always enjoy your blog so much. Have a great Pink Saturday...sue

CC said...

Hi Anne..
Loved your sweet post today..everything is so pretty. I specially loved that beautiful tea cup. Happy Pinks and have a wonderful weekend.

Unknown said...

Love the figurine. The dishes are pretty, too. Happy Pink Saturday.

nancy said...

Love the tea sets. It is nice to say something about the good Lord himself. I can't believe Easter is next week. ENjoy your pink and have a good week. Nancy

Dogmom Diva said...

Anne, love the tea set, in unpacking boxes I have come across several teapots I have..will do a teapot post one day..

The Easter decs are precious I also have a soft spot for spring animals..lambies, chicks, duckies, etc..

xo

Missy said...

I love your tea cup!