Pages

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

My Sweet Dolly

I bought this sweet little doll for a few dollars at a thrift store. But she fell over and her face broke. Her nose and lips are completely gone. I e mail contacted a local doll hospital and never received word from them. Is there any one who thinks there may be some hope for this little dolly? I would like to hear your advice. I am not creatvie enough to re do her face. Any ideas?
I found one identical to her on e bay but the woman was selling off her late mothers doll collection and her prices were too high. I love this dolly and would like to renew her. Please stop by with comments and suggestions.

4 comments:

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

I don't see why a doll hospital couldn't fix her. I definitely think there's hope!!! Don't get rid of her yet...keep her!!! Love and hugs, Heather :) :)

p.s. IF I find any info, I'll be sure to send it your way :) :)

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

I found quite a few links on-lione for doll hospitals...but no addresses. so i don't trust those if they're not willing to give an address. Try looking in your phone book's yellow pages. There used to be a doll hospital here in Jacksonville, Oregon..but I'm not sure if it's still in business. If it is, I'll call them and ask for a good resource. Otherwise, keep your doll :) :) :) Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

Chatty Crone said...

I think there must be a way to have her repaired too. Have you checked the Internet yet?

sandie

Intense Guy said...

If the Doll Hospital is run by a dedicated repairer, they might not be all that Internet savvy and the email might not actually get to them. I'd always call someone rather than email them if it was important.

There a dozen doll hospitals within a few miles of where I live. I guess I live in a high doll accident zone.

(If you'd like, email me a pic of the damaged doll and I'll see what the "locals" think).