Pages

Saturday, March 19, 2011

THE COLOR PINK BY SARAH

I found this sweet poem by seven year old Sarah. I am guessing she was a patient at Texas Children's Hospital. It caught my eye because I use to write a lot of poetry when I was young and into my teens and early twenties. I think she must have loved pink and this was her sharing it with everyone:


The color pink!
It makes me wink!
I think about it all the time
It's not a lime.
It's pink of course.
Not a horse!
Just pink!
Blink!

Any writers or poets out there? Come over and share your favorite pink poem. Then check out Beverly and our fabulous pink parade each Saturday. I am grateful Beverly hosts this affair each weekend and I am grateful too for each and everyone of you that shares your pink and the love of it!

Some pink that I love:
Easter peeps and bunnies
Pink bubble gum
Pink flowers
Pink newborn babes with silky sweet soft skin
Pink and rosy cheeks after running in from the cold
Pink puppy noses, cold on your nose!
Pretty pink lip gloss
Sparkling pink drinks!


As a kid during the Easter season stores like F.W. Woolworth sold baby chicks that were dyed pink and other assortment colors of the Easter parade. I longed for one and purchased one with a friend. She betrayed me when my mother caught me with that baby chick and marched me back to Woolworth's to return it for a full refund! I was sad but even as a youngster I realized my mother was right. Whatever would I have done with a live chicken when it was full grown? The moral of my story is Mother knows best!


Come join Pink Saturday today. It is such a fun meme and we enjoy each other's company and you will be able to make some wonderful friends here.


I tip my pink hat and my toasting flute full of pinkness to Beverly and the entire participating Pinkies! I love you each and everyone!

All these images were provided by google today/

12 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

What a sweet poem from that lovely girl!

Dogmom Diva said...

Hi Anne, cute poem and great pinks today..thanks for stopping by and hope you have a great weekend!

hugs
Barb

stefanie said...

super cute!

Ann said...

Sweet little poem. Love your pinks today. Happy Pink Sat.
Ann

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

What a sweet PINK POST! It's lovely to hear from you but don't wory about getting enough time for visiting. Seems I have less and less all the time but I do try to get out and greet my wonderful blogging friends like you. But, like you, I try to do better!
Hugs!
Coralie

Donnie said...

You found some really cute pinks today and that poem was so sweet.

Mollye said...

Hi Anne, Thanks for the visit and wow you taking time to comment on each post. You're something else girlie. What a wonderful and fun poem by such a young lady. Love you sis, Mollye

Linda Stubbs said...

You are so fun Anne!!! I would have taken your baby chick for you........wish you could come and see mine. I was just checking on the baby peeps. ONe was on his back and the others were cuddled all around it. I thought it was dead.....it wasn't. Just relaxin!

You are one precious lady....do you know that? Thanks for lovin me so!

Hugs and have a wonderful SONday tomorrow!
Me

Sue McPeak said...

It's really hard not to be tempted by pink baby chicks....but they do grow into BIG Chickens...but I'd be your best friend and take the pink chick cause I lived on a farm and what's one more chickie...you could have come to visit our chick. LOL! Anyway, your a big girl to know that Mom's are usually right about that stuff! Lots of neat Pinks. I missed doing PS today...had to be gone til late this evening. Glad I got your PS post. As always, thanks for your sweetest comments on CITexas Gal. Love Ya Lots...Sue

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi: Great scripture you shared today. I think I will claim it for myself as well. Blessings my friend, Martha

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

What lovely poems!! Thanks for your visit!!
I don't make my own faux pastreis even though I would love to learn how. I have bought them from several Ebay sellers and from Char over at Someplace in Thyme.

HPS!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Anne, these are all perfect pinks! I love pink straw bonnet and the Pretty marshmallow PEEPS! Easter will be here very soon!

{{hugs}}}