Pages

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Love is....

 "Be very careful if you make a woman
cry, because God counts her tears. The woman
came out of a man's rib. Not from his feet to be
walked on. Not from his head to be superior, but
from the side to be equal. Under the arm to be
protected, and next to the heart to be loved."

This quote is suppose to be from the Hebrew Talmud. I think it is very lovely and goes well with my Love is... today.
I hope you like it here and you will join us soon to share your own favorite Love is... quotes. It is amazing that everyone has so many different ones. Come join us today.
Marydon http://blushingrosetoo.blogspot.com/
Sherry http://countrywingsinphoenix.blogspot.com/
Rita at http://grammyssweetnothings.blogspot.com/

9 comments:

Tete said...

I love this!
Hugs- Tete

TexWisGirl said...

Amen to this.

Pamela said...

I was thinking of these Love is dolls just last week. The one I remember is Love is never saying your sorry--and I totally disagree! I sent my husband a lot of these cards while we were dating so they must have been popular in the 70s!

Unknown said...

AMEN! AMEN!! Great share, sweet Anne. Here's a chuckle ...

Occasionally there is a wise man.

I am sitting here drinking tea & watching the gold finches have breakfast ... I so love the melodic songs they share.

It is a wet windy day here ... so the tile men will come after the rain ceases to do the bathroom floor.

Have a beautiful day, sweetie.
TTFN ~
Hugs,
Marydon

Donnie said...

Don wrote something similar to me in 1966 and I just asked him if he stole it.....lol.....I loved it both then and now.

Chatty Crone said...

Amen - that one I love! sandie

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

How very sweet! I love this post.

So very nice to have you visit me! I've been a tad under the weather with a horrid cold. I'm sure I'll be better once I can start to breath again!!

Big TX Hugs,
STephanie
Angelic Accents

Heather said...

that is totally awesome! I love that.

Charlotte said...

Lovely thoughts in this post. Thank you for sharing.
Blessings,
Charlotte