Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

TRUSTING GOD WITH FAITH



I' m late here today because I was having many difficulties with blogger. Then I had a "10"migraine yesterday and came home from my office and went to bed! It has been a tough week already! But I am very late posting with Spiritual Sunday and I feel so disconnected when I can not get in on time. But in the wake of the recent natural disasters in Japan I felt I had to come by and post this.
Did you know that on top of an extinct volcano on La Palma, Canary Islands sits one of  the world's most powerful telescopes? The Gran Telescopio Canarias offers astronomers a remarkable clear view of the heavens. It is located at 7,870 feet and sits above the cloud cover. There are no prevailing winds and it is dry and turbulence free. Sitting here, near the equator, scientists can study all of the Northern Celestial Hemisphere and part of the Southern.
When Jesus lived on this earth he chose a mountainside to teach His followers about using their lives to glorify God. We must all yield to Him and obey His laws. I think with the tragedy we are seeing everywhere on the news today we must lift up Japan and we must pray for their people.
I think we have all become so mundane in this world and we try to turn from the Lord rather than focus on Him. I just wanted to use this illustration to show you what I think is the very core of our being. Faith. In God, not in laws, and governments and celebrities and places. We need to turn our hearts toward Him.  We must keep our faith strong in this wicked place we call the world.
Most of us do not have the ability, the power or the prestige the world wants to control nature. We must solely rely on God. Keep your faith and pray.

"The earth is the Lord's and everything in it, the world and all who lives in it; for He founded it upon the seas and established it upon the waters." Psalms  24:1-2

Please thank Charlotte and Ginger for hosting Spiritual Sunday. Go here and get some encouragement today.
These are my photos and how they posted I am not sure. This blogger is very challenging!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful post, Anne. I hope you're feeling much better. You're so right. We must rely solely on God. When these disasters happen it makes us realize how small we are and so unable to control much of anything in this world. We really shouldn't try to anyway. That's God's job and He doesn't need our help.
Blessings,
Charlotte