Pages

Monday, March 19, 2012

Quilting for Kids


I hope everyone will forgive me. This past week has been a blur to me and I am joining my friend Suzanne to update you on the Shannon story. As we worked together to get a quilt to the family of Shannon, the four year old  little girl with brain cancer passed away. We respect her family as they ask for privacy during this difficult time.
Because of the overwhelming response for the quilt, Suzanne has had quilt squares arriving daily at her home. She is working diligently to put them together so they may go off to the quilter.
We wanted to share with everyone because there will be enough squares to make a second quilt. We hope you will read about Crew here. The hope is to create two quilts to make a small kindness for two hurting families.
Please pray that these families will be comforted in the days to come. Shannon's family over the loss of their beautiful young daughter. Crew's family in rallying because this baby boy is a miracle. He is given a new health challenge each day and he seems to overcome them. Continue to pray, to share your thoughts about the families and let us know if you have questions or comments. Please feel free to leave them here or e mail us..
I think when we are given challenges in this life we have to take what we have and do what needs to be done to encourage and comfort others. All of us have an ability to make a day better for those who need our helping hand.
Thank you each and everyone for helping with this project and sharing your talents with others. Your love and support makes my day happier and I know touching the lives of these families must make you feel appreciated. Thank you for being here and helping us.You are well loved and deeply appreciated.
"Be a rainbow in someone else's cloud." Maya Angelou

8 comments:

Denise said...

You are such a sweet lady.

Theresa said...

Prayers being prayed for that sweet family! I am so sorry to hear of their loss! Oh what a sweet guilt that will be when they receive it!

I am family with Crew and his family will love to have a quilt also! I am praying for that little fella, he sure is cute:)

BIG HUGS and prayers!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Anne your words are so sweet! I know these families are suffering and the quilts will give comfort. Praying for both families and you my friend. hugs, Linda

Unknown said...

I am sad that Shannon's family had to say good bye. I have been praying for Crew and know that it would be wonderful for his family to wrap him up in a quilt of blessings.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

You are alwasy s thoughtful and caring of others, Anne. It is an honor to know you though your blog. While others "talk" you "do" --what a blessing you are to others! I will keep these families in my prayers. {{Hugs}}

Chatty Crone said...

You are a rainbow in this little girl's cloud. sandie

Jenny said...

Oh Anne, it's always so sad when we lose one of these valiant angels.

Sending prayers to help surround her grieving family.

And sending you a big hug in appreciation of your lovely heart!

Unknown said...

Well, you know that prayers are lifted for that precious child now sitting with Jesus. How wonderful that Crew will receive a beautiful quilt also.

Hugs, sweet Anne ~
TTFN ~
Marydon

~GIVEAWAY ends 3/30~