Pages

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Life :Looking At It Through My Eyes

I spend too much time thinking! Then I put all these thoughts together and here they are! Excuse my randomness but I just have to fill this blog with thoughts today. I also have lots of random images to share. Sometime things really touch a persons heart. I hope you will enjoy it!
I will not share my political views. I think sometime people get carried away. I will say this about politics, there is no one running for US president that will save America. Trust God, never believe a politician. People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. How did they get so mixed up? We love things. We tolerate people. People are used. Things are coveted. Life is sad.
How many politicians in office currently have served their country? Don't tell me if I don't stand up for our military I should stand in front of them!  I honor our military. God Bless each and every one of them who served us in this country. You are braver than most of us ever could be.
This may be hard to read! It says "There are two kinds of people in the world, you and everyone else!" My oldest daughter gave this card to me one year! But the birthday verse said she was one of a kind! She is! It is true! That would be her hanging upside down from the ballet bar!
I can not forget their faces. I will always pray for their families. Please remember their families and pray for the survivors too They have a long road to travel with their recovery. Do you see the young man, second row, fourth photo? A.J. Boik was the same age as Nick. I can not sleep at night until I pray for his mother. For his family, for all those he loved so dearly. Why was his life cut short? Only God knows. My grandmother use to say, we should not question God. One day He will reveal it all to us as our former life on earth unfolds under His heavenly realm.
Are these two birds sweethearts? Their heart shaped stance makes me wonder! The owner of this photo took a one in a million shot! This is love if you look really close.
...And you thought I did not support our military!

Do you like to kiss? Are you a good kisser?
Hmmm....looks like someone needs to work on their kissing skills! Laugh Out Loud!

Always be yourself.  You are an original. You are not a copy. You were created by a Master craftsman. He made a masterpiece!
Do you  know someone who is constantly blowing their own horn? It is difficult to be around someone like that. I found some quotes about humility that I really love. They received  no response on Face Book! Tell me what you think. I changed the quotes here:
"What kills a skunk is the publicity it gives itself." Abraham Lincoln

"People that put themselves above others will fall long and hard." Gina Lindley

HaHaHa! I  know I have done this a time or two! I like to do laundry! It is a good time for reflection. I talk with God. I pray. I enjoy washing clothes and making them smell fresh and clean again. But when I married I came into my marriage with a "NO Ironing" Policy! Laugh Out Loud! My Sweets irons occasionally although I have done it a time or two through the years!
I am going to paint you a verbal picture! This morning my hubby and I were getting a bagel. The line was long and as we were waiting a man was trying to wrestle his child, a small boy, in his arms who was screaming at the top of his lungs "I want  mommy! He took it up another octave until dad got him out the door! I said "Sure kid, you say that now. Then you go off to college and forget all about your mommy!" Been there, done that! No other comment required!
...And this quote  rounds it all out!

Instead of my honey this is me thinking about Nick! It feels like he is so far away!

Head over to Marydon's and join us for Love is.. I think we can post these each week and not come up with the same one. There are so many of these sweet little reminders of what is really important in life.

12 comments:

Coloradolady said...

OH. Anne, I promise Nick has not forgot you!! It may seem like it now, but remember all of this is NEW and EXCITING....his days are full with wonder and exploring! It will settle down in a few weeks....I can say this because I went through that with Alisha...cried for weeks....not a fun time, but it works out. I know it does seem far, I think so too! But for me, just out the door was too far!!

Hang in there my friend! Have a great week!

Mevely317 said...

What an honest, PERFECT share today, Anne! I found myself nodding (again, like a bobble-head) in several spots ... but what made me laugh out loud? Before sitting down I realized the dryer had stopped without my notice. Yep, I just hit "go" again.
Have a great week!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Beautiful post my friend!! I hope you had a good weekend!! I too will never forget those in CO!!!

NanaDiana said...

Oh- Annie- What a good post- I love the randomness of it all. I haven't been here in a while and I have missed you! If you get a chance pop by my blog today because it addresses some of what you talk about at the beginning of your post- Blessings to you- xo Diana

Dogmom Diva said...

What a thoughtful honest post..I am so glad you have random thoughts, mine are all mixed up all the time and I have a really hard time putting things down pen to paper anymore..
I promise you Nick has not forgotten you, Anne! Life is a constant transition..We raise our kids to be independent, but when it happens its so hard. Both Dan and Scott left the house about the same time, and that was really, really hard. I was even imagining hearing the back door opening when no one was there..but as time went on it got better and better. Now they are full grown adults in their 30's..I don't hear those sounds anymore and I will never stop missing my boys, but I remind myself that is what we raised them to be..grown ups.. Nick is so busy right now getting settled in, it will be ok..he misses you more than you think...
hugs,
Barb

Dogmom Diva said...

What a thoughtful honest post..I am so glad you have random thoughts, mine are all mixed up all the time and I have a really hard time putting things down pen to paper anymore..
I promise you Nick has not forgotten you, Anne! Life is a constant transition..We raise our kids to be independent, but when it happens its so hard. Both Dan and Scott left the house about the same time, and that was really, really hard. I was even imagining hearing the back door opening when no one was there..but as time went on it got better and better. Now they are full grown adults in their 30's..I don't hear those sounds anymore and I will never stop missing my boys, but I remind myself that is what we raised them to be..grown ups.. Nick is so busy right now getting settled in, it will be ok..he misses you more than you think...
hugs,
Barb

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I'm sure Nick is thinking about you, Anne! College life is very hectic in the beginning and thye have a lot of adjusting to do..give him time.

Your random thought were wonderful to read...and so very true!

Simone said...

The empty nest is something I wasn't prepared for. I thought I had it all under control until my baby left the nest. You just have to trust that all that you have instilled in Nick will return to you in many, many wonderful ways.

I can't imagine losing a child but I prayed for AJ's mom as well. So very tough!

Denise said...

Enjoyed this post.

Fashion Momma said...

Beautiful photos. My blues are here and here.

Heather said...

what lovely thoughts! I love the family circle cartoon with the little one saying he wants to wear the marine uniform. That is just sweet!

Heather

Jenny said...

What a fun post!