Pages

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Blue Monday/Love is....

It was hard to choose a Love is....comic today! I was looking through them and they reminded me of my girlfriends I just spent time with, Yvonne loves to travel, Charlene was married to a golf pro, guess what she likes? Lynette cares for an elderly aunt. Carol finished raising her five kids alone after her husbands untimely death. So I closed my eyes and picked this one:

Love is....a reflection of him. I never take my hubby for granted. I know Carol thinks about Joe and the love they shared for many happy years before his untimely death. I know she sees his reflection everywhere, in the faces of their children, in her grandkids, everywhere she looks.Memories are all over. I wanted to dedicate this Love is...to my long time friend Carol. I wish her much love and peace in the coming years. Please visit Marydon and come share your favorite Love is....with us.


I am backward today! This is the road from Pueblo back to Denver! I guess I will do this post in reverse! See the lovely blue skies?
A view of the field at the Air Force Academy. Their home colors are blue and white. I remember watching Joe Montana play here when he attended Notre Dame! Gee, am I telling my age! Sigh!
A mountain view near Monument, Colorado. More blue skies!
Nothing blue about this tasty meal! Pass Key serves the best Italian sausage grinders. We decided to have lunch here because we spent every Friday or Saturday night in high school  hanging out at the original Pass Key after football games. The price is still right and we five gals had a blast catching up!
Lynette (far left) and Charlene (standing) wore blue! Carol (next to Lynette) and Yvonne (green). We laughed and Charlene brought her 1971 yearbook. It is the year they closed the Catholic high schools in Pueblo and we were separated and the five of us attended four different public high schools. We reread what we wrote 40 years ago and wrote something new today! I L O V E D it!
We exchanged phone numbers and parted vowing not to wait 40 years for the next visit! Lynette, Carol and Yvonne live two hours away from me. Charlene gave all of us incentive to plan a trip to San Diego! Sun and fun on the beach! She lives a block away from the beach! Sigh!
A little blue card verse to complete my Blue Monday wish to all of you. Enjoy the friendships we have and please visit Smiling Sally today.



A Golden Chain
Another inspirational friendship poem by Helen Steiner Rice
Friendship is a Golden Chain,
The links are friends so dear,
And like a rare and precious jewel
It's treasured more each year...
It's clasped together firmly
With a love that's deep and true,
And it's rich with happy memories
and fond recollections, too...
Time can't destroy its beauty
For, as long as memory lives,
Years can't erase the pleasure
That the joy of friendship gives...
For friendship is a priceless gift
That can't be bought or sold,
But to have an understanding friend
Is worth far more than gold...
And the Golden Chain of Friendship
Is a strong and blessed tie
Binding kindred hearts together
As the years go passing by.


 

14 comments:

Unknown said...

it's great to reminisce with old friends.:p the comic strip you selected for your friend is sweet. i wish you and your friends all the best.

Denise said...

Nice post.

Fashion Momma said...

Lovely pics! My blues are here and here.

NanaDiana said...

What a beautiful post and I love that you dedicated it to your friend, Carol. It is wonderful that you were all able to get together and share such good memories. I wish I could "go home" again sometimes, too. xo Diana

SmilingSally said...

Thanks for sharing your beautiful blues. Blogging friends make for a nice meeting.

Happy Blue Monday, Anne.

Chatty Crone said...

Just stopping by to say hello to you.

LV said...

Anne, you outdid yourself today. A truly wonderful post filled with so many inspiring and caring thoughts. You do good.

Intense Guy said...

Cant be blue with the way "Orange" played last night! Go Broncs!

Chubskulit Rose said...

I like that poem Anne, your photos are very sweet. Visiting from Blue Monday.

Splash of BLUE
Have a great week ahead.

joyh82 said...

I remember those love is toons..so cute. Pretty blue pics too. Have a great week :)

Ann said...

It is so much fun catching up with high school friends. Will be nice if you all do get together again. We've been by the Air Force Academny plenty of times on our way to our Sons.
Ann

Theresa said...

Oh what a sweet post! I love getting together with old friends! Enjoy your day, HUGS!

Theresa said...

Oh what a sweet post! I love getting together with old friends! Enjoy your day, HUGS!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

How nice to have a school reunion of your best friends, Anne!