Pages

Monday, November 5, 2012

Get Your Vote Out Today!

I am not much of a political analyst or one to gab about who I voted for! But I think we need to all get out and vote for who we think is the best candidate! Here is a share I found in a cookbook I recently purchased at the thrift store for one dollar! There is an entire section titled "Miscellaneous Not For Consumption" ! Here is my Voting day share:

A Recipe for a Good President
by Eileen Smith, 5th grade
Bayfield School

4 cups of honesty
5 1/2 cups  of good leadership
8 cups of communication
5 teaspoons of kindness
3 cups of ideas for a better country
8 cups of updating the country on  what he/she is doing
10 cups of trustworthiness


I wish life were this simple! But each one of us can do our part and make our country great! Get out and vote! If you already voted, thank you!


My friend Charlene said it best"Get out and vote. If you don't vote, you can't complain!" Seriously this black and white photo is reality. There are still places on this earth where women have no rights! Remember this and vote for the best candidates(s)!
Maxine adds humor to this campaign! I know everyone is tired of the ads, the phone calls and the door bell ringing in the middle of a Sunday football game! But seriously, go vote!

11 comments:

Jeanne said...

Hi Anne, I agree we must get out and vote. I for one will be glad when it is over. the hype is nerve wracking.I pre-voted three weeks ago. We have been in Florida for the past two plus weeks. It is good to be home.

I like the recipe for a good president. I don't think our present president fits this recipe. Or economy is so bad. I pray every day for the millions who are out of work.
Blessings,
Jeanne

Dogmom Diva said...

Great recipe for a good president, I agree with Jeanne, our present POTUS is not the man for the job. I also pray for those out of work and for those of us on fixed incomes who have seen our investments drop to nothing due to this administration's financial dealings. We make barely any interest anymore on Carl's retirement. Sad and hard..
Barb

Theresa said...

I voted early and SO happy that I did! Weather isn't voter friendly today... raining! Hope all of those who have not voted get out the umbrellas and vote! Have a blessed day and I enjoyed reading all of your comments:) HUGS!

NanaDiana said...

Amen-I'm with you, Annie Bananie! xo Diana

Fashion Momma said...

That's the perfect recipe.

My Blue Monday.

Heather said...

I have been reminding everyone to vote today. i hope that by the time the next presidential election i will be able to vote. i am working on becoming a US citizen.

heather

Mevely317 said...

Great reminder, Anne. I just love that "recipe"!
I'm sitting here in my PJ's, nervous as that cat on the proverbial hot tin roof! Tonight's been a long time coming, hasn't it!?

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Well, I voted for that recipe, at least as close to it as we could get.
Didn't happen AND it was my birthday too. Sigh. (())

Jenny said...

We always vote.

Although the choices seem to get harder as I get older.

Janet, said...

I voted! I love the recipe, too. Maybe we should send it to the White House.

Splendid Little Stars said...

I did vote!
Suffrage Buffs of Americacontacted me after I wrote a blog post about Knoxville that included a statue of 3 suffragettes.