Pages

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Let's Mix It Up!

I have been grumpy! New duties at work and a new workspace! So getting organized is a chore as I do not have the space I had previously!  I have been hiding so I would not filter negative vibes to you!
I had a headache last night and was feeling sad because I miss Nick! My grandson was at the Rockies game so I was having a bad night! Good news, Nick called me at ten last night to tell me he was hanging out with Dani from Denver. She is a soccer player who attends Cowley too. Her mom works for the billing office associated with our doctor's practice. My grandson just left. He came to show me photos from the Rockies game! I was jealous, he was sitting about five rows up from third base! The Rockies won, beating the Giants so it was all good!  He even sat in the rain to finish watching the game!
Today is the thirteenth anniversary of Noelle and Roger. Very proud of those two.
I love this sweet photo. My girl was a beautiful bride! Gosh that was a long time ago! Wonderful memories.
A perfect wedding Scripture 1 Corinthians 13:4-7.
Grumpy me missed my share with sweet Marydon so am sharing now. I love the Love is...comics. This is a special one, look at all those hearts on the curtains and sofa! Love is so integral in marriage and life!
I felt like this wolf howling at the moon these past few days! Life can just kick you when your down! But I like the blue moon here and meant to share it with Sally and all the blue crew! You know I missed posting too! So visit all the colorful blues like I plan to do!
See Lorna's pretty colorful blue shirt? She fits nicely into the Blue Monday theme too! I should be smiling all day long, I had breakfast Saturday with my girlfriend Lorna and two other  cohorts from our days of working at the hospital. Although Sharon and Lorna still work for the hospital, I left and Veronica retired. This is the only photo I took! Lorna ordered steak and eggs at a favorite breakfast place the hubby and I go to. We never have eaten this menu item and yum! It looked tasty and Lorna agreed it was delicious! I call Lorna the "Cat Whisperer" because she has this sixth sense about cats. She is always rescuing some kitty cat and saving them from harms way! We try to do breakfast a few times a year and we were all missing Chris. She is working a second job so maybe next time. My daughter Noelle filled in nicely for the missing Chris! We are girls who have been thru good times and bad. Veronica is a two time breast cancer survivor. Sharon is more calm in her mature state but when I first met her I fell in love with radical black woman empowered agenda! She is always fighting for the rights of someone less fortunate and she is a hoot to be around! Her niece married a gentleman from the Ivory Coast. She said at their wedding she never was surrounded by so darn many Catholics! I guess the major religion there is Catholicism! Hee Hee!  I was raised Catholic and Sharon always tells me how unhappy she was as a kid cause her neighbor went to Catholic school and had a lot more holidays than Sharon did attending public school!  Chris is newly divorced and she is an excellent mom to her two teenage kids! These women are a wonderful bunch of mixed nuts and I love them all dearly.
My backdrop is not pretty but Lorna is a real live doll! She won this pretty girl at a Christmas tea last year and did not have room for her! She knows I am a sucker for dolls. Miss Merri Kristi is living at my house and I love her dearly. I named her after one of my late cousin Darla's daughters. Her second daughter Merri Kristi was born, yeah, you guessed it, on Christmas Day! So this velvet dressed dolly is perfectly fitted for the name Merri Kristi!
Lorna also gave me these fairy dolls on the left and in the middle! They are so cute. The fairy on the far left doll is an Autumn Fairy! The lavender dressed doll is in the seated position and I love her little Roman sandals. Miss Peachy Keen is a thrift store fine for four bucks! I sure love my dolls!
Do you all know Rhissanna Collins at etsy? Shhh....don't tell her, I am addicted to her dolls! This is "Bad Fairy"! She was my best buddy the day she arrived when all these new changes fell into place at work! Boy I needed a Bad Fairy to cheer me up!
If I miss visiting you or I forget to say how much I appreciate you , I really love you all bunches! I love my girlfriends here that way too! So here is a pink quote saying it all! I also forgot to say Happy Pink Saturday to Beverly  and all the pinkies! So this pink is for you!
A reminder to pray every day! I know personally I would not get through my day without it! A final note, a funny one to share. The other day two ladies who live at the Buddhist Temple here in Denver were in our office. Sitting next to them and chatting with them was a lady who had an appointment for her grand daughter! Now I am not making this up when I tell you, the little girl was named Karma! HeeHeeHee! Aw....c'mon on, you know you smiled!














4 comments:

Intense Guy said...

Sounds like you are really busy! Lots of change going on -

Keep smilin'!

Marilyn said...

Hope the adjustment time is getting shorter. I'm one for not much change either. Hot temps are making me weary. Looking forward to cooler days and nights when my house won't be like a brick OVEN. Being brick means it holds the heat very well. Have a great Labor Day weekend.♥♫

Sweet Tea said...

Lots going on in your world - never a dull, or colorless moment!

Denise said...

I love you, even when you are grumpy.