2 Corinthians 10:5
English Standard Version (ESV)
I am a December (3) baby. My first born child and oldest daughter is a December baby(13). We are in good company with my niece Holly (16), my nephew Brian (24) and of course, my daughter's hubby and my son-in-law Roger (13). Noelle and Roger share December 13th as their dual birthday! Finally Sarah, Holly's daughter (31). Can't forget my twin Julie Tucker Wolek (Dec 3)
I am not a traditional December birthday girl! I have always liked anything that was not poinsettias and trimmed with red and green and Santa Claus! I do love a Snowman though. I am sharing some fun facts about December here:
1. The birthstone of December is turquoise.
2. Zodiac signs for December are Sagittarius (November 22 - December 21) and Capricorn (December 22 - January 19).
3. The birth flower of December is the narcissus.
4. World's AIDS Day is celebrated on December 1st.
5. December 3 - International Day of the Disabled Person
6. Universal Human Rights Month
7. National Read a New Book Month
8. In December, Nobel Prizes are awarded.
9. On December 4, 1791, The Observer newspaper (the first Sunday newspaper) was first published in Britain.
10. Christmas Day is celebrated on December 25th.
11. On December 7, 1941, The United States Naval Base at Pearl Harbor was attacked by Japanese planes which killed more than 2,300 Americans.
12. On December 20, 1803, the Louisiana Purchase was completed.
13. Kwanzaa is celebrated on December 26 - January 1 every year.
14. National Stress Free Family Holiday Month
15. December 27th is National Chocolate Day
16. On December 29, 1862, the bowling bowl was invented.
17. Poinsettia Day is on December 12th.
18. On December 3, 1967, the first heart transplant was completed.
19. On December 17, 1903, the Wright Brothers made their first flight.
20. On December 14, 1791, the Bill of Rights was passed.
Look at number 17.! I posted my photo of my poinsettia the office staff gave me for my birthday. Today is December 12th! My friend Dr. T has a son, Kevin who shares December as his birthday and today is his day!
I hope you will join Ms. Jenny and the Alphabe Thursday crowd .
"December's wintry breath is already clouding the pond, frosting the pane, obscuring summers memory..." John Geddes
Don't forget my giveaway through December 14th. Just comment and follow me. Easy peasy!
Please pray for Nick as he heads home tomorrow evening. We have a big phamily celebration at a local Mexican restaurant to celebrate his return along with Noelle and Roger's birthday!