Pages

Thursday, February 27, 2014

OH NO!

I have missed the past Alphabe Thursday "N" and nearly didn't get this "O" post up and running! Lots of stress and sadness last week. I don't really want to talk about it so I am going to share some fun here! You have to laugh. No tears, no sadness!
I thought this was so cute! It is an "Oh No" moment! You know woodpeckers are endangered species. It is a federal offense to kill them! I have two funny woodpecker stories that happened to people I know. I can not reveal their names because I would not want them to be on a watch list for harming endangered species! Someone I know went on vacation. When they came home they noticed a horrible smell wafting through their home. A woodpecker got into their house and tangled up in their comforter. Of course the poor thing must have died from fright and it was quite a dilemma to dispose of the poor fellow. Someone else I knew was selling their home and a woodpecker was in their attic. It is difficult to sell a home with a rat-a-tat-tat constantly yammering in perspective buyers ears. So miraculously that woodpecker disappeared. Perhaps he left for the woodpecker protection program!
"Oh no" children today watching cartoons imitating Wiley Coyote. I have to admit, when we were kids, we were not total morans! It is sad how protective people are not wanting their children to be let down so they teach them there is no such word as "No" or they fill their heads with expectations that they could never achieve. Life is imperfect, roll with it and respect your parents and other adults!

"Oh no" I should heed my own advice and try this one!
"Oh No" you know your mother told you this, at least once in your life!
"Oh no" you know you just smiled at this one! A shrink I knew once told me we all have these fantasies. But a healthy mind will not act on it! My fantasy was always to carry a large "nerf" bat and big gun so I could shoot the tires out from under mean people and than run up to their car window and smack them with my Nerf bat!
Please join Jenny and the Alphabe gang for some fun, creative, heart felt posts on the letter O



4 comments:

Edna B said...

I just love that picture of the ark full of holes! Thanks for the giggle. I did not know that woodpeckers are an endangered species. We have some here, and we just love watching them at the feeders. Currently, we the Red-bellied woodpecker and the Downy woodpecker. They are just beautiful. I hope your day today is a good one. Hugs, Edna B.

Denise said...

Thanks for the smiles. Praying for you.

Theresa said...

SO many great quotes:) Love the woodpecker on the ark cartoon:) Enjoy your day my friend, thanks for the smiles! HUGS!

Intense Guy said...

All of these are so good!!

I love the woodpecker one! And I hate our government (and TV news folks) constantly telling us "how to dress and stay safe"!!