Pages

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Blue Monday and Love is...

This summer I had a little tea party with my friend Bonnie (pink hat) and two of our three girls. Our youngest was being a nanny for the weekend with a little fellow she has often cared for and we thought we had it planned to a "T"! It was August and it was hot. We had lots of lovely dessert items as well as tea sandwiches. I went all out to entertain my sweet friend my my girls. I forgot to take photos of the little brown gift bags that I decorated using  items each person enjoys. We filled them with all sorts of gifts like these cool fans my daughter Rebekah and I found at the World Market. I wore my favorite blue dress and my pretty blue hat! You can not see the detail of my hat but here is a photo of it .
I love hats and I am planning to buy a new hat for the Kentucky Derby this year.  Although I can only watch it on T.V. I love watching the beautiful horses parade around before the race. Magnificent creatures. My heart is set on a cute orange fascinator,   a large hat like this one in orange and pink or a different style in bright yellow. I will see which one I choose and I will let you know.

 When I was a younger woman I loved to write poetry. I wish I could get back into that mode. I loved writing about my honey and this Love is...could have been the two of us. I hope you will join Sally and the Blue Crew as well as Marydon for Love is...she often has been sharing them at her Face Book Page MD Middaugh.

17 comments:

Lady Linda said...

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and for leaving me such a nice message.Easter is quite a special time indeed. I hope you have a lovely week ahead.
Linda

SwedishCorner ~ DownUnder...Pernilla said...

Happy Blue Monday, Anne!
Lovely hat - and in my favourite colour... :)
Autumn greetings from Australia♥ ~Pernilla

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Hello Anne - so nice to 'meet' you and visit your sweet blog! I do love your blue hat! I am a new follower. Hope you have a lovely Monday! xo Karen

Anonymous said...

Such a pretty blue hat! It looks like you enjoyed the tea party:)

Gillena Cox said...

luv that pretty hat; Easter is around the corner, so to speak. i'm thinking Easter bonnets. Have a nice Monday

much love...

Little Wandering Wren said...

Hey looking forward to seeing what hat or fascinator you choose for the Kentucky Derby, I know it can be quite a dilemma. Nothing beats a good day at the races I hope you have fun x
Wren x

SmilingSally said...

Hi Anne,

You're so pretty with your blue dress and big blue hat. No wonder you love to wear them! Thanks for sharing.

Have a Happy Blue Monday!

Deborah Montgomery said...

Love the idea of wearing a hat for watching the Kentucky Derby at home. A friend of mine and I watched Kate and Williams wedding wearing Dollar Store tiaras!! We realized after watching that we should have worn fascinators! Thanks for visiting my blog. I am a new follower.

joyh82 said...

Looks like you all were having a great time. Love the hats!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely hat!

Ida said...

Your tea party sounded fun and the blue bonnet was very pretty.
I haven't seen those "Love is" cartoons for ages. I have an old one in a scrapbook that reminded me of an old boyfriend at that time.

God's Grace Overflows said...

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving such a lovely comment. It means a lot to me.

What a small world we live in, I am actually on the outskirts of Pueblo. We call it the country of the county.

We have been having quite the dust bowl out here. It's very brown out! Including the wind and the ground. This drought has been very hard. Prairie life isn't for every one, but we indeed know God planted us here for a reason.

I have your blog saved and I will be coming back to visit.
I love your colors!!

We had a bridal shower for a friend and the theme was Big Hats and boy it was a fun party.

Great times.

I hope you have a blessed day!

Blessings,
Amy

White Lace and Promises said...

I was an activity director at 2 nursing homes for 12 years. We already had a Red Hat Club. It was so much fun. At the time, I wasn't 50 so i got to do the pink hat. I loved it. Some of the ladies were afraid of messing up their hair. Too Phoo Phoo! Having fun is LIFE!

Denise said...

Looks like an awesome tea party. You look beautiful, love your hat. I bet you write wonderful poems.

Mevely317 said...

The two of you look so glam in your hats and fans. What a great idea you had!

I, too, love to watch the Kentucky Derby on TV. Silly, but my eyes get all teary when they sing, "My Olde Kentucky Home." Wouldn't it be fun to have a 'virtual' Derby party on-line and we'll all share pictures of us in our big hats?

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

What fun ! We will have to have our own virtual tea party after our swap ! BTW I am happily collecting things.... (())

Intense Guy said...

I think you would look great wearing the blue hat!! And enjoy being at the derby!