Pages

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

"E" is for Excitement and Everything Related to Christmas Magic

I am getting "excited" for Christmas. It is such a magical time of the year. I was raised to honor Our Lord and we celebrate the holiday in His name. This year I am hoping I can order a cake which will celebrate Jesus and his birthday. I was over "extended" for Thanksgiving so I am not doing that again! I have not participated in Alphabe Thursday for a while. I love everyone who participates and I really love Miss Jenny and Mr. Jenny too. So today I am celebrating the letter "E" and sharing my "excitement" for the birth of Our Lord.
I love these little Love is...cartoons. This one caught my eye today and although it is not related to the letter "E" it shows my "excitement" for the holiday.
Do you ever feel like Snoopy? It looks like Woodstock tangled him in the lights! Silly bird! The season is such a magical time and it means so much to me to spend it with those I love best.
This is a big part of the phamily who will start our celebration week Sunday at Casa Bonita. Only Nick is missing from my immediate phamily in this photo. Plus we add Christal and  her phamily of four and we have 21 including Brittany and her daughter and Bret and Zach to join in the festivities.
Do you
celebrate the "excitement" with good ole Saint Nick? Or Santa?
Will you share your faith?
So much glass in my china hutch it is hard to catch a great shot of my Holy Family Nativity. My hubby bought this for me for my birthday. They are under my Princess house cloche and a small bird sits on top. It is a beautiful hand blown cloche.

Another one of my Nativity sets given to me by Theresa, a woman I use to work with. It is so lovely I was shocked that she did not want it.
The light inside my little hutch shelf is so bright I could not get a good shot. The Teak Wood Nativity is dark wood so without the light you can not see it. An Angel plate sits behind them. A young lady I worked with at an insurance co. years ago gave her to me and told me she felt I was a very spiritual woman.
Two tiny porcelain dolls dressed in green and red are showing off three of my pretty Christmas tea cups. I can not find a December tea cup set and it makes me sad. The little girl in red holds a pillow that says "Tea Time."
I was in a Secret Santa Swap last year with Suzanne and my partner gave me that cute Spode tea for one tea pot. My daughter Rebekah found the tea for one Snowman for me and my little vintage angel holds a harp  and has holly in her hair. My tiny Santa village is cute with it's tiny red picket fence.

I hope each one of you will visit Jenny and the AT participates. I hope Christmas "excites" you as much as it does me.

Have a wonderful week, it's nearly the reason for the season:












11 comments:

Leovi said...

Funny Christmas atmosphere, I love it. beautiful photos !!!!

carol l mckenna said...

Beautiful post and photos for the Season ` you are blessed with a wonderful family ~ Merry Christmas to you.

artmusedog and carol

EG CameraGirl said...

Yes, it IS a magical time of year. Merry Christmas!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hello There, I enjoyed your post today. Sounds like you will have most (or all) of your wonderful family together to celebrate the birth of Christ. Love your nativities.

Sorry I haven’t been around much lately. I do try to read blogs—but just haven’t commented very much lately like I usually try to do. Please don’t give up on me. Hopefully my life will be back to ‘normal’— whatever that is (ha), sometime in January.

I did get a cortisone shot in my knee —which has helped with the pain somewhat. In January, I will most likely have meniscus tear surgery…. BUT—in the meantime, I plan to have a fantastic Christmas —and hopefully get to see my kids/grands… God is Good.

Hugs,
Betsy

Rocky Mountain Woman said...

Have a lovely Holiday with your family!

Curtains in My Tree said...


Merry Christmas to you and your Phamily
I will attend Mass Christmas Eve then drive 35 miles to my youngest daughters house and spend Christmas Eve And Christmas Day with her phamily, my son in law and 4 sweet grandsons and 2 cats and one dog

Gattina said...

I loved Christmas too, unfortunately it became too commercial, but I will try to do the best out of it !

Betty said...

Beautiful! So many lovely Christmas things. I haven't responded to last week's comments yet. I hope to have time later today to answer you. Things have been kind of busy around here.

storybeader said...

It's fun to have special collections that can grow over the years. Like family! {:-Deb

Jim said...

Anne, you have so many nice pretty things to display for Christmas.
We are Scrooge so far this year as we gave our Christmas tree to our daughter and have not replaced it.
Our former tree was too tall for people with joints they weren't born with (knee/me and hip/Mrs. Jim) to be climbing around on ladders.
I put out two deer in the front yard and threw some lights on a few shrubs. Also our nativity set stays out for display all year long. They are all guarded by a tall ceramic angel.
..

Intense Guy said...

Funny, I just wrote a comment somewhere else and write it CHRISTmas... to emphasize the reason for the season.

Hugs.