Pages

Saturday, December 20, 2014

Ugly Sweater Day

Troy's ugly Christmas sweater.

Matt's ugly sweater. These two handsome fellows are my nephews and their dad Aaron is so talented. He designed these sweaters and created them for their "Ugly Christmas Sweater Day" at school. Now I am often offended by Ugly Sweater parties. I love my Christmas sweater and even my Halloween  sweater! I think it is so much fun to get into the holiday spirit with fun and quirky sweaters. Troy's sweater depicts the pink bunny pjs that Ralphie received from his aunt in the beloved Christmas classic, A Christmas Story along with his dad's winning "trophy" the leg lamp! Matt's sweater reminds me of me of the mad wrapping we do and searching for the supplies! Although our children are grown and we now do a Secret Santa CHristmas gift exchange the memories make me smile.
I thought I would add this i phone shot I snapped while taking my hubby to the bus station this week. Look at the pink coloring in that sunrise. I have always marveled at the artistic hand of God since I was a small child. Each day I look into the sky and I marvel at His wonder and beauty.

I hope you will join Beverly and some Pinkies for a fun filled festive weekend of Pink Saturday!


5 comments:

Ann said...

My sister really got offended last year when her daughter asked to borrow one of her sweaters for the same such party!! She has quite a few and never realized there was such a stigma with them. Hope your Christmas is wonderful for you and your family.
Ann

Terra said...

We even had an ugly sweater competition at church last Sunday. I like the sweater with the lamp from A Christmas Story, a favorite movie of ours.

Mevely317 said...

OK, call me 'olden' -- but I don't understand the concept of ugly sweaters. Maybe on account I don't get to wear them that often, I've a real love affair with mine. (And if something happens to provoke a laugh, so be it!)

... Thank you for the lovely Christmas card, m'dear! Lovin' the cardinal!

Theresa said...

I am not much of an "ugly sweater" gal! My Christmas sweaters are pretty to me:) Have a blessed day! Love that sky picture! Amazing beauty given to us by our God!

Intense Guy said...

Actually, I think Matt's sweater looks pretty nice...

Troy's on the other hand....

:)