Pages

Friday, March 27, 2015

Easter Beaded Eggs: Pink Saturday/Blue Monday/Love is...

Rebekah and I made these beaded eggs yesterday. That purple one was an act of love. Until I got into the groove, it took me forever to get into the swing of it! They came out so pretty and wanted to share them for Pink Saturday.  They look very pretty and I am glad we spent five hours working on these because we have two baskets filled with them!


Some of the beaded eggs that are blue have a purple hue to them and some of the purple beads look blue! But they look cute in their egg cups and ready for the Easter Day festivities! My middle daughter and I enjoyed making these eggs together. Please join Sally and the other Blue Crew participates so you can check out all the blue colors today.

Love is....always has my heart. This one is very much like we are. Always finding ways to help out and putting a few extra dollars in our pockets too!. We recycle aluminum cans. We also fill our recycle can every other Tuesday for the Trash Man to haul away. You will be surprised what you can recycle and make your trash day load lighter. I also save change and have started that 52 week challenge where you save money each week. We have a vacation planned later this summer and it is always nice to have a little extra tucked away for something fun. I have started to save the 52 Week Challenge for our Christmas Club too. When the kids were small it was nice to have enough money saved to not only buy a few gifts for each child but also to have a nice Christmas dinner. You can do this challenge two ways: you can start saving $1 the first week, $2 the second week and and so on until you save $52 the 52 week, or you can save $52 the first week, $51 the second, $50 the 3rd etc. The idea is that you will have $1,378 by the end of 52 weeks! There is a chart out there that shows the figures but I could not get it to print here! Anyway, if you try it, you will have extra cash for whatever you want after the 52 weeks are up.

Have a great week!


23 comments:

LV said...

In all my years, never saw an egg like this. You did a great job and they look so pretty.

Dana of The Stone Rabbit said...

They are beautiful....and they look very hard to make! Such lovely Easter treasures!

HPS!

Dana

Mevely317 said...

These are truly lovely, Anne. Won't you share the 'recipe'? :)

Theresa said...

Those are gorgeous! Great job! Have a blessed weekend dear Anne, HUGS!

bj said...

Really pretty....

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Oh my ! I don't think I could do that...those look wonderful.
(())

Terra said...

I have never before seen eggs like these and they are fabulous.

RachelD said...

How absolutely charming! The colours and the shapes, shining in those jewel tones---magnificent. They are absolutely perfect, and I cannot fathom how you did it. We used to make those styrofoam Christmas ornaments stuck with pins (sometimes with more than one bead and perhaps a sequin on the threading, and I could never get my sequence right. Mine always looked like the sweet gum balls you shook in a bag of Ivory Snow, or some kind of alien satellite).

Just beautiful. And what a special time it must have been, creating something so lasting and lovely together.

rachel

Unknown said...

Oh how lovely. And awesome patience - bet those sweet family memories will be treasured for years. Have a blessed and beautiful Easter and a Happy Pink Saturday! ---- Kaye

Deborah Kay at The Paint Splash said...

They look very time consuming but so cute! Happy PS

Susan Freeman said...

So pretty! I don't think I could ever keep the beads so perfectly spaced. Great job!

Big Texas Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

Intense Guy said...

Those are some really cool looking Easter Eggs!!

SarahBeth said...

Your eggs are beautiful! I'd have those beads rolling all over the place! I'm sure they took a lot of patience and a steady hand :)

Leovi said...

Deliciously interesting these designs eggs !!

SmilingSally said...

Hi Anne,

I love your beaded eggs, and they'll last forever! Thanks for playing today.

Happy Blue Monday!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The beaded eggs are gorgeous! WOW! I've never seen these but they really are treasures. It looks like a fun project....to do one or two! How nice to have a basket full. We recycle everything! And donate things that are in good shape. It feels good. Happy Spring, Diane

Small City Scenes said...

The beaded eggs are just so lovely. What fun and a treasured way to spend time with family and friends.
Happy Easter to you
MB

Ann said...

We are doing that 52-week challenge too, hubby and I are taking a train trip in Nov. to California for a couple of weeks. Neither of us have ever been to San Francisco--have a lot planned so the money will be our extra goodie money. Love the beaded eggs, might have to add these to my craft list. Have a blessed Easter.
Ann

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Love these beaded eggs!!

So pretty!!

Thanks so much for stopping by!!
My Dad worked in construction and Built the 2 homes that I lived i while growing up..

Hugs,
Deb

Buttercup said...

I save change and any small checks I get towards presents. I was able to pay for just about everything out of my savings at Christmas last year and it made a big difference. Not doing as well this year, but need to add five or six dollars every week to my savings. Thanks for a good reminder.

Edna B said...

Your Easter eggs are beautiful. As for the 52 week saving challenge, I think it's a great idea. I may even try it.

I don't ever spend my change. I save it all in a big jar, and then after a while roll it all and take it to the bank. It always comes in handy.

We recycle as much as possible at my house. I have all the tenants doing the same thing. I think it should be mandatory for the whole country. What a difference we could make if everyone recycled.

Today is sunny and cheery looking so maybe I will get a few household chores done. I always have more energy when it is a nice day.

Pogo and I wish you a beautiful day too. Hugs, Edna B.

Anonymous said...

So pretty Anne! Does it take a long time to make them? Wishing all of you a happy Easter!

Esther Joy said...

Love those beaded Easter eggs! Happy Easter!