Pages

Saturday, August 29, 2015

Mom and Dad anniversary Memories/ Sharon's Birthday Party/Aw Monday/Blue Monday/Love is...

This is my life. I can rarely fall asleep without a scratch from my honey. we stayed up way too to late last night and had so much to do today that we are both exhausted and falling asleep as soon as soon as I put up this post and he finishes watching his Bronco game. I am always happy when I share a Love is...with you.
Mom and dad were married August 29, 1936. They were incredibly wonderful people and I am very blessed that I was their child.
My parents were so beautiful together. Dad was always loving and kind. He was a humble and very modest man. Mom was kind and faithful and she was a prayer warrior. dad worked 47 years in the CF&I Steel Corporation. He started working there when he was 13.He told a tale to his boss that he was 16 so he would be hired. Three years later the boss told him he knew dad had told him a tale to get the job but could not let him go because he was such a hard working kid. Dad retired as a head roller in the Rail Mill. He was a good father, He was an excellent husband. He took care of his phamily and never wavered in his belief. I am always so sad when I talk with friends that had difficult childhood and abusive or  hateful parents. I recently told my friend Anne in Texas, I am grateful to pray for you and I am sorry you experienced such trauma but I would be a liar if I said I understood it. I feel so blessed to have been raised the way I was and by these two wonderful people.
This was taken at the top of the Mother Cabrini Shrine near Golden, Colorado in 1979. Dad was always so kind with mom and he always held her hand. I love this photo I took of them back then.
Here is cousin Juliane Cosimano Barden on her wedding day August 30, 2003 to Mickey Barden. Such sweetness. Juliane's mom was my dad's baby sister and Juliane is her phamilies "baby". Happy anniversary to these two sweethearts.


A wedding anniversary is the celebration of love, trust, partnership, tolerance and tenacity.  The order varies for any given year.  ~Paul Sweeney 


The gang was all here, nearly- practically! We took this photo today at Tori's house. She is Sharon's younger sister who held a surprise birthday party for Sharon's 60th birthday . Sharon was born on the 20th of August ( like Nick!) but her mom and Tori planned this birthday bash and it was fun to see these old friends. From left to right, Helen, Myself, Lorna, Sharon (seated) Tash and Veronica. We laughed and talked and ate wonderful food and birthday cake for 5 hours, What a great day.

Look at this book shaped cake. Sharon is very much like Rebekah , always carrying a book in her hand and reading and reading and reading. Please visit Sally and tell her you saw some blues here today.
Then please visit Sandee and tell her to check out Stella spooning with Mr. Kitty., the two of them were having a late afternoon nap. I love visiitng Aw....Monday and sharing some pet projects here!
So I heard from cousin Kay yesterday. She was heading to Venice but learned from a cousin Maria Kocman that Grandpa Kocman had an older brother named Anton and he is buried in Slovene. He was married to a Maria and Kay saw a barn he built that he wrote his name and the date 1913 on. I am excited to hear more stories of our homeland. Now I will need to research more Kocman phamily heritage. Our last name is quite a popular name there.

So until I see you next time, don;t stop seeking your BoJon heritage.

14 comments:

Ivy and Elephants said...

What a beautiful story of love between your parents. You were blessed to have them.
Hugs,
Patti

Parsley said...

Sweet memories. Had to stop in here to say hello.

LV said...

What a blessing that or memories cannot be taken away from us. However, I have a few I would like to get lost. Nice family history.

Mevely317 said...

You're so right about our being blessed by wonderful parents! That's probably the nicest thing Mr. God ever did for me! :)

Most of my remaining family members don't seem to have much interest in keeping close, but I'm done banging my head against that wall.

PS - That cake is the bomb! I'd be afraid to cut into it!

Denise said...

sweet blessings.

Theresa said...

Sweet story of love AND that cake is awesome! Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

SmilingSally said...

Hi Anne,

That cake book is really something! I know that it took hours and hours to create. What a special treat. Thanks for playing today.

Happy Blue Monday!

joyh82 said...

Awesome family photos and birthday photos! Love the "book" cake, too
cute!
Joy @ Books and Life

Sandee said...

This entire post is brimming over with Awww's. I love about your parents. What a wonderful childhood you had. I wish I'd had one. I'm like your friend Ann. My mother was kind, but my father not so much.

Love the kitties spooning.

Have a purrfect Awww Monday. ♥♥♥

annies home said...

what a beautiful love story, I simply love the pictures you shared and thanks for visiting our blog as well

Kathe W. said...

Love stories- I adore them! Big hugs to you and yours!

xinex said...

What wonderful parents you have, so loving! Thanks for sharing your story. Wish everyone's family is like yours and we will have a better world...Christine

Jeanne said...

Dear Anne, Thank you so much for the dearest comments about family and the love we have for each other. While I was reading about your wonderful loving childhood I couldn't help but compare your childhood with ours. We had loving adoring parents which by the way, mine were married in October of 1936. We both were blessed with a childhood that was nothing but happy with love surrounding us even up to our current lives. I loved the photos you shared as well. Thank you for always keeping in touch with me even when I am not able to visit. Even though we have never met in person, you are a dear blog friend.

May blessings be many to you and yours.
Love,
Jeanne

Edna B said...

What a wonderful post. It's so good to hear of families that are loving and close. Our childhood (my brother and me) was super up to a point, then it went downhill fast. But it's in the past and I've moved on.

Oh gosh, I love that cake!! Someone is very talented. It's beautiful. And I loved the photo of the kitties napping together.

It's always wonderful to stop in and read your inspiring family stories. Thanks so much for sharing with us. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.