Pages

Saturday, December 31, 2016

The Gleaners and Other Thoughts for 2017

When I was a child my folks had this painting hanging in our living room. I loved the painting. It was painted by Jean Francois Millet. The French middle class did not like this painting as it depicted the poor "gleaning" the wheat which fell to the ground. I still love it and recently purchased a framed copy of it. As soon as we decide where we would like to hang it, I will snap a photo and share it here.
Here are my folks holding Noelle, the first born of our five siblings. She was just a few days old in December, 1975. This time of year makes me remember my wonderful parents and the happy childhood I shared with them because they were such kind parents. It is always hard to get through the holiday season without them on my mind.
My phamily Christmas 2016. It was a good day. Lots of food and friends with phamily. Our grandson Andrew brings his cousin Robert and this year brought a UPS co worker Davon who shared dinner with us. It was the first Christmas for Jeremy and Brittany as husband and wife. Harrison enjoyed his first Christmas.  Addy enjoyed the company of these phamily cousins too . Cousins Jayden and Michael as well as Jaslin, Alexis and Devon had many good memories. I think we had 27 around two dining tables this year. We keep growing and my folks would smile and love it. Dad always loved the little ones and mom loved cooking, no matter who came to dinner.
Christmas 1993, Oh how they grow up too quickly.

Look at my daddy with his pretty red tie! He was so happy! He loved phamily and we were always together with them all on Christmas.  Mom is on your far right and second row. Uncle Tom Binder is the jester in the brown vest making smiles all around. Gosh I miss them all so much.
Steve is the host of Friday Felines. I got in just under the wire! Love these silly felines! But they are all wishing you a Happy New Year too!



 I am hopeful that 2017 will be a beautiful year filled much goodness, many blessings and good health. Those are our prayers each day. Happy New Year to all and I am hoping to post here and at my Instagram page and Face Book too. I may post here as often as I am able. I will share photos at Instagram and always favorite Scriptures at Face Book. Be safe, be happy and stay healthy in 2017! May God sprinkle many blessings on your lives. Thank you for sticking by my side in 2016.

5 comments:

Sandee said...

You have such a lovely family. I know they mean the world to you.

° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚| 田田 |門| ˚Happy New Year
* Joy to all! ♫•*¨* Peace on Earth ♪♫•*¨*

messymimi said...

Happy New Year! Much joy and peace to you and your beautiful family!

Mevely317 said...

That's a neat back-story to your new painting, Anne!

I, too, can't help but feel a little sad as each Christmas approaches ... missing my parents and other loved ones who took their goodbyes too soon.
As always, your phamily pictures put a smile on my face.

Happy New Year!

Lux G. said...

Loving all these good vibes. Happy 2017!

Intense Guy said...

I love how simple things make long lasting memories. Like your painting -

I'm looking at a light house calendar and am thinking I've a wonderful friend.