Pages

Sunday, January 29, 2017

Have A Blessed and Beautiful Week

Anytime I read Scripture in the Book of James I remember my father and how he truly lived all the things he read here.
I was raised to be kind. My folks were shining examples of  kindness . I went to school with other kids, primarily BoJons, like myself and Mexican kids. We all had fathers who worked, for the most part, in the C F and I Steel Corp. My friend Karen's father, born in SLOVEnia known as Yugoslavia, long ago, he worked in the meat packing plant.  It was another place of employment that lots of dad's enjoyed benefits for their phamilies and good wages. We formed bonds with the kids we attended school with. Life was simple, we were happy. We did not go home and listen to hateful talk. We lived simple lives, filled with much love and kindness. We knew nothing about prejudice. I am grateful I try to hang on to those values. It is not easy, there is a lot of dissension everywhere and sometime even those we love best  follow the popular choices even if they are the wrong ones.

 Your actions always reflect who you really are. It is often difficult to be kind.Much of the media shows the world filled with meanness, division, hatefulness.  I trust God. I pray. I don't want to see people hurting each other. I want to see us all come together and work for the good of our nation.
Knowledge is great! But we often speak before we think.  We should all learn to be a little kinder.
Garfield is not  fan of the icy cold winters. He likes to sleep in the sunshine. We just finished round two of a big cold front . Now some sunshine. Always grateful for the sun shining.
Now that football is winding down and my team isn't going to the Super Bowl so I am thinking about Springtime and baseball.
My grandmother had these photos and most of them were not dated or noted who was in the photo. This is an unknown phamily around 1932.

Scripture makes me happy.
Aw...Mondays - these cats are so funny! I hope you stop by with Sandee and say hello.

3 comments:

Sandee said...

I too would love to see us as a nation come together, but there are forces that are not happy with the right side of the aisle and they will stop at nothing to shut it down. It's the elite that is dictating to the rest of the country. It's a shame.

Awww on the kitties. Too cute and the caption is perfect.

Have a purrfect Awww Monday. Big hug to you. ♥♥♥

Kathe W. said...

It would be nice if the ranting shouting and nastiness would simmer down. However they seem bent on making a country more divisive and ugly than ever before. I am ashamed of these people. They are not my people for sure. Talk about sore losers....

pilch92 said...

Very nice post. Thinking before we speak is so important.