Pages

Saturday, January 28, 2017

Pretty Pink Saturday

I have collected the sweet figurine Precious Moments since 1983. I often kid my sister that the hospital where our dad spent 38 days on ICU should have renamed their gift shop for my sister and I.
This is one we received for our wedding.
Here is a phamily of puppies. I have a similar figurine with mom, dad and five babies! That would be our phamily.
This little boys face is priceless and very sad. I love this figurine and all the ones that feature little boys. There are so many that I have, probably 125, and I could tell you a story behind each and every one. The artist behind these precious moments is a wonderful man, Sam Butcher, with his own story to tell.

I recently started to collect the ornaments. I try to find them in duplicate so I can give my sister one and I keep the other. She gave me so many Precious Moments figurines in the past. Do you collect anything? Do you love the Precious Moments? I hope you will stop by Pink Saturday and visit Beverly and thank her for always hosting. Have a blessed and beautiful week.

5 comments:

Sandee said...

I love Precious Moments. So cute, and it's nice that you look for pairs so you can share with your sister. Sisters rock.

Have a fabulous day Anne. ♥♥♥

Debbie Harris said...

How precious, Anne that you have so many and a story to tell for each.
I have a girl friend in Canada that sounds just like you, her home is full of Precious Moments with a story to tell for each one.
Over the years I collected penguins, but tried to stop some years ago as I had way too many. Would have loved a real one as a pet. :-)
I also enjoyed collecting miniatures, but haven't added to my collection in years. Add I get older I'm trying to down size. I enjoy what I have though.

Have a beautiful weekend~~

Debbie Harris said...

How precious, Anne that you have so many and a story to tell for each.
I have a girl friend in Canada that sounds just like you, her home is full of Precious Moments with a story to tell for each one.
Over the years I collected penguins, but tried to stop some years ago as I had way too many. Would have loved a real one as a pet. :-)
I also enjoyed collecting miniatures, but haven't added to my collection in years. Add I get older I'm trying to down size. I enjoy what I have though.

Have a beautiful weekend~~

NanaDiana said...

How sweet your pieces are. I never collected Precious Moments but one of my co-workers did and she had/has quite an extensive collection. I don't think she collects them any longer though.
Hope you have a wonderful weekend full of some PRECIOUS MOMENTS for yourself. xo Diana

Dana of The Stone Rabbit said...

I have not collected Precious Moments pieces, but they are cute. I love the idea of collecting the ornaments. Have you been to the Precious Moments Chapel in Carthage, MO? Bet you'd enjoy that place!

HPS!

Dana