Pages

Wednesday, February 8, 2017

WEDNESDAY

It is Wednesday and I can not really say how Monday and Tuesday got away from me! I had a nice post for Aw...Mondays, a Blue Monday share, and some other assorted things to share but life happens as they say!

I feel absent this week! So I am trying to make up for it here today. Yesterday the hubby took an entire day off work to work on the commodes in our two bathrooms. We received a letter from the city stating there is continuous  running water and they have been monitoring it since November 2016 They will charge us a much higher sewer charge if we do not take care of it. Politicians! U G H ! But my honey fixed them and so far we do not see any problems. I like the letter "A" as my first name begins with this awesome letter. I also thought being absent was a good choice to start my Alphabet Share today.

  I won this pretty art piece in a giveaway hosted by Jemma. it was sent to me by the artist Darren Gygi.

23 But refuse foolish and ignorant speculations, knowing that they produce [a]quarrels. 24 The Lord’s bond-servant must not be quarrelsome, but be kind to all, able to teach, patient when wronged,
I thought this Scripture was a perfect fit. where has kindness gone in this world? We need more of it.
I read both of the books written by W. Bruce Cameron. The first one was given to me by a dear friend Myra. I loved the book more but the movie was sweet , the pets were delightful. I heard lots of bad rumors that someone saw animal abuse while filming. According to the books author and Dennis Quaid, the human star of the show, neither one saw this inappropriate behavior. I feel like this, if you saw it happening, why wait until the film's release until you shout it from the mountaintops? I think today people are so use to seeing others get their five minutes of fame, they think they deserve it too. Nonetheless, we enjoyed the movie and the various dogs who were in it. The books are very heartwarming. I recommend lots of Kleenex while reading them.

I have a Well Woman Check today with a new provider. When I called to schedule one, I told the gal helping me  I did not know who to see since my doctor does not do well woman checks. She suggested a brand new provider named Erin who is loved by many patients already. She got me in in three days! So I am going there shortly. I dread these appointments as well as dental appointments. I have a broken tooth, a possible cavity and need a cleaning. I already told the dentist I refuse to pay for his son's medical schooling! He is a very good dentist but his office is on the other side of town! It is worth the drive as he is honest and friendly and does a great job.
We are both Colorado natives. My dad was very proud to be one and we once gave him a T shirt bearing that. Colorado weather can change in a minute. Sunny skies yield to rain or snow or sleet or hail! We can have 60 degree temps today and a blizzard tomorrow. It is always a roll of the dice! Today we have temps in the 50's with wind, lots of wind!

We weren't fans of either team in Super Bowl 51 but we donned our Bronco tie dye shirts and watched the game. We have new tie dyed shirts coming for next season.
This Rogers Hornsby quote really gets me! Now I am dreaming about baseball, warmer weather and lots of gardening. Enjoy your day and may many blessings come to you. I will be catching up with comments left at my blog later today. Can't be late for my doctor appointment.

2 comments:

Sandee said...

I'm sorry your week got away from you. It happens to me often.

I've got a bone density test and then all my women's appointments will be done for this year. I hate them, but they are necessary.

Have a fabulous day my friend. ☺

Mevely317 said...

Aw, thanks for the shout-out! :) Tom didn't read either book and seems reluctant to see the movie ... but I think (hope) it will be a bit therapeutic for his (still) broken heart.

IO know what you mean about dreading dental appointments! Even my semi-annual cleanings leave me sore for days. Last time I told him I was considering having all my teeth pulled so I wouldn't have to keep going back. The look on his face was priceless!