Pages

Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Mix It Up

My Sweets and I have been sick with head colds. we seems to have a pattern when we get sick. Yesterday, he took the day off and we rested and saw the new movie, Wonder Woman. We sure could use a few more role models like her. What a well done movie it was. The actress was stunning and she fit the role perfectly.
I missed my favorite Monday meme's: Aw....Mondays and Blue Monday. This crude has knocked my socks off! Zero energy. I like to stay close to my comfy bed and pillow.  I keep praying I will shake this. The hubby has two weeks worth of overtime starting next Monday. He has to work a M-W-F from 8 to 9 - and then work a T-Th the following week. A co worker is out of the office so he and Tony share the long hours. It makes for a long work week but a nice fat paycheck! He feels 75 percent better so he tells me. He sure takes good care of my aches and pains. He is a keeper. A true gem! I hope we keep keeping on for a long long time!

If you know the musical group Little Big Town you might know this song, Pain Killer. This is my theme song for my hubby. He is my strength when I feel weak. Sometime I hear songs and I think, that  was so nice of the songwriter to write that song about me and the hubby! Marnie Reid Crowell is a conservationist, natural history writer and poet. She penned these words " To keep the fire burning brightly there's one easy rule:  Keep the two logs together, near enough to keep each other warm and far enough apart - about a fingers breadth-for breathing room.  Good fire, good marriage, same rule." Although the hot weather is moving in and the cooler days are going away, this is excellent advice.
Poetry and Love is... can always make me smile.




2 comments:

LV said...

Terrible all of you had something at the same time. Glad things are improving. How much better off this world would be if we had more families like yours. Take care and hang in.

Sandee said...

Well now I know why you've not been posting anything. I hate being sick. I have too much to do to be sick. I hope you feel better soon.

Have a healthy day, my friend. ♥♥♥