Pages

Tuesday, October 31, 2017

HAPPY HALLOWEEN

Are you celebrating? We hand out candy to the kids and we get bunches of them especially the really cute lil ones. Some area businesses have treats for the kids too. we are having cooler weather so I am not sure if we will have the kids we had last year when it was warmer weather. Tomorrow they say we may hit the 70's.
Charles Schultz had a way with kids and writing great children's stories. I still love watching the specials during the holidays.
Times have changed and so has the all American baseball. Are you a fan? Since neither one of the teams I love are in the world series I did not want to watch it. But it has been a great series. Will the Houston Astros take it tonight or will they go the distance, the best of 7 and see the LA Dodgers win it all?


Prayers for New York City and those who lost loved ones and those who were injured in today's terror attack.
This was Halloween three years ago. I was still employed and I remember it was windy outside. But I had my talking candy dish and it was a fun day.
I have always loved this quote.

My sister Mary and I on All Soul's Day. Today it is called All Saint's Day.  Our mom's oldest sister, Auntie Mary had a closet filled with hand sewn costumes for Catholic school kids. My sister was wearing one. There were many different orders of priests and nuns. I believe I wore that same hand made halo in a Christmas play where I was the angel holding the star over the baby Jesus in the manger. My uncle Sam Cosimano made that halo and also the star from the Christmas play. We always had great fun on Halloween and All Soul's Day.

Have a terrific night!

3 comments:

Edna B said...

What an adorable photo. I agree, Halloween is a fun night, with parties, costumes and trick or treating. We don't get the kids anymore, but years ago we got a lot of them every year.

You have a great day, hugs, Edna B.

Sandee said...

We hide on our boat on Halloween. We just can't do the candy thing anymore. It's all good. We had a nice quiet evening and that's what we needed more than anything else.

You certainly were a beautiful angel. Nice shot of you and your sister.

Have a fabulous day, my friend. ♥

Ida said...

Fun post for Halloween. We had about 30-35 Trick-or-Treaters here last night.