Pages

Friday, December 8, 2017

HAPPY FRIDAY WITH WEDDING WISHES

I have not been here. I was feeling so poorly with this nagging cough and assorted wedding lists to complete. My doctor gave me an inhaler and a steroid medication. Not a fan of pills of any sort but I was desperate not to hack at the wedding.
These are going to be candid shots taken by phamily. We are praying the photographer's shots will be equally beautiful. This perfect wedding went off without so much as a glitch. This middle daughter of our's worked nearly solo for 57 days to pull this wedding off! She did it beautifully and my husband kept saying he knew God had His hand in this beautiful day. Their vows, which they wrote themselves, were beautiful and Pastor Chris gave them  a fantastic wedding ceremony filled with God's goodness and grace.
 This is my folks on their wedding day in August 1936. My mom was 22, dad was 25. Rebekah set up a lovely table with photos and this one had a message from heaven.
Avril, a phamily friend's daughter was the flower girl. My great grandboy Harrison hit it off with her at the reception. Avril even wore blue shoes, like the bride.
My hubby is so handsome with his tux on. The fathers wore traditional ties, the groomsmen and groom wore bow ties. I love them both. I pulled this oldie, but goody out of my closet. My dress , oh what a long story that is! So this sweet classic came in handy. I had silver shoes and accessories with it. I felt like a queen giving our daughter away to the man of her dreams.

Our sweet Hannah was the maid of honor.
Zach's dad and his lovely wife Gressa took some lovely candid shots. Hannah put the names together for every single guest. She had a lot of glue gun burns on her fingers but was a real trooper making her sister's day special.
Rebekah  put many of her favorite and Zach's favorite books on each table and she made the flowers from book pages. They also added different words and quotes on each table. It was magical.
The yummy wedding cake. It was so lovely and tasty too. Lots of stories to share about various vendors. Our local King Soopers (Krogers, Dillions) ended up doing a perfect job on this cake. Not all high end bakeries are always your smartest choice. Aside from saving a lot of money the head baker treated our daughter like a celebrity princess whipping up her cake to her exact specifications.
Tiny heart shaped candles for the guests too. It was a beautiful wedding and one of the sweetest .  The ceremony was something ordained by God Himself. I think people often forget the true meaning of marriage and who should be at the center of it. I think these two will have a wonderful and happy marriage.
Candid photos often show the true nature of those we love and cherish. Zack, the ring bearer was the perfect gentleman. Since he is older than Avril he really knew how to handle her and make sure she got to her seat after the aisle walk.
The caterers were delightful and served up some of the best brisket and chicken accompanied by wonderful side dishes. I believe God truly had His hand on Rebekah and Zach all through this wedding process.
So many wedding stories to share. I will continue this tomorrow. 
Always words from Love is...to make my day.
Before I close and continue this wedding journey tomorrow, please pray for the fires in California. A lifelong BoJon friend is getting ready to evacuate her home with her new puppy. I have so much phamily and am concerned for their safety too. Prayers appreciated and any other requests, remember God is listening.
A sliver of pink and purple to celebrate the newlyweds first dance as husband and wife and to stop by Beverly's and wish everyone there a Happy Pink Saturday.

11 comments:

Sandee said...

What a lovely wedding. I love it when a plan comes together and it all turns out perfect. Like this wedding turned out perfect. Thank you for sharing a most blessed day.

Have a fabulous day and weekend. Big hugs. ♥♥♥

Tristan Robin said...

I don't know you and your family, but I feel as if I could be friends with all of you after reading your delightful post about the wedding day. You sound like a loving family who enjoy creating happiness for each other. It's such a pleasure to read - and your photos of the day show a joyous group. I'm glad I came over from Beverly's Pink Saturday.
Happiest of holidays to your and yours.

Danice G said...

Beautiful wedding and photos. Hoping you are feeling well soon :)

Mevely317 said...

How beautiful, Anne! So much I love about this ... in particular, your parents wedding picture. The 'Scrabble' place cards are genius! (Tell me she didn't have to go out and buy several game sets to get all the letters?!?) My favorite are the books, book-page flowers and framed quotes. Took my breath away! Oh, to have a child that loves to read. I love my son and his girls to pieces, but they've no interest.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful phamily with us!

Debbie Harris said...

Reading your lovely post,I could feel the love. Such a beautiful wedding day with everything going as planned because God was right in the center of it all.
You and your husband look smashing!
Congratulations to the happy couple!

Have a beautiful day~

Edna B said...

What lovely photos. Your daughter did a wonderful job planning the wedding. Everything looks so nice. I wish the newlyweds many happy years together. You have a great day, hugs, Edna B.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How beautiful! Her gown is simply stunning and you and hubby look very nice too! I know you are happy for her and her new husband and I want to wish them the very best. I showed off all of my tea pretties this week on my blog. Enjoy your day sweet friend. Holiday hugs!

Intense Guy said...

Hope you are feeling MUCH better today!!!

Beverly said...

It sounds like everything to make a perfect wedding. Blessings to your family.

Happy Pink Saturday, Anne. I hope you are feeling better. Thank you for joining us, and for always making Pink Saturday special. This post is being featured on my Pink Saturday post this week as "the one with the most clicks".♥

Buttercup said...

Beautiful pictures and a beautiful wedding. Good health and happiness to the lovely bridal couple and to the Mama of the bride!

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Thanks for linking to Blue Monday, Anne. Have a very merry Christmas!