Pages

Thursday, January 25, 2018

REST IN PEACE OFFICER GUMM

Deputy Officer Heath Gumm was killed simply doing his job last night. I write this today because when it is so close to your own home, schools are closed, because two suspects are still at large. It sends a cold chill. I am sad reading that officers are gunned down. I despise politicians who offer thoughts and prayers and ban God the rest of the week.

My phamily is filled with law enforcement officers. Our own son is in the process of wanting to join one of the hundreds of local police departments. I pray for all of them daily.
To all my friends and relatives who serve, thank you and know you are prayed for each day.
We mourn at the loss of loved ones. My heart is broken for the widow and children and Deputy Officer Gumm. On New Years Eve Day Deputy Officer Zackari Parrish lost his life trying to simply help someone suffering from mental illness. Four colleagues were also gunned down in a brief moment yet three are dealing with the injuries and the fourth was still rehabbing, having suffered the most critical injuries.
Here is a google image of the DARE cards that were popular when our kids were in middle school. Our youngest son participated in a Cops and Kids Basketball game for two years. He had a big collection of Police cards because here in Northglenn, officers would hand those out to kids walking to and from school or simply seeing them on the playgrounds,
My friend Lyn has a daughter Stacey who serves in blue. My cousin Sissy and her sweetheart Felix serve the blue along with my cousins Lee and Vince in Pueblo. My husbands cousin Tom was a Chicago PD for many years.  My childhood friend Jacque's nephew is also an officer.  My cousin Ray served in Northern California.  I think people should pray for officers and they should remember, they are serving you. The media gets caught up on incidents, perhaps pertaining  to officer and suspect, both out of control. You never hear about the officers who, in Englewood, Colorado, befriended a young boy dying from cancer. The officer paid for the boys funeral as his family could not afford to do so.
Officer Larry DePrimo, NYPD bought a homeless man shoes on a bitter cold winter night. These heroes are everywhere, you just have to look past the mainstream media.
The 9-11 Memorial NYC.
The Oklahoma City Chairs Memorial.
Please never forget those first responders who are on the scene of many tragedies.

3 comments:

Sandee said...

I know how you feel. I wore a deputy sheriff's uniform for 25 years. Year before last we lost on our our local deputies who was murdered by a criminal. It's a hard thing to take.

Big healing hugs honey. ♥

Edna B said...

I agree with you that people should focus more on all the wonderful things that officers do to help us and to keep us safe. I have such wonderful memories of the things the police did to help me over the years. May God watch over and bless each and every one of them, and your son too.

You have a super day my friend, hugs, Edna B.

Sandee said...

I've a new website: Comedy Plus

Have a great day. ♥