Pages

Thursday, May 24, 2018

It Feels Like A Heat Wave

It feels like a heat wave. Although we recently were blessed with short rain showers we really didn't have much in the way of Springtime. A gal I Know who lives a little farther North in Colorful Colorado says they may still get a snow shower or two. I hope we are past that point in our weather. I love sunshine but I dislike extreme heat. I'm like my late Auntie Ang, she would say, if I wanted to live in Arizona, I'd move there when the heat kicked up too high in the warmer months. I sure miss her and I had to chuckle at this silly corn on the cob. My lil grands always tell me, we aren't suppose to say "shut up", it's a bad word, but this just made me chuckle. I know, I need to learn to be nicer.
Maxine always has a strong opinion on things. I Have to agree with her on this one. PLus it's not summer just yet.
A perfect quote regarding the hot weather just so you know I don't hate the heat, I just like cooler weather and tonight I am enjoying a nice breeze. Always a little something to be grateful for.
Here's an oldie but a goodie - a 60's pop song by Martha and the Vandellas written by Linda Ronstadt.
Prayer is always appreciated. I continue to pray for Kenny and his phamily as they deal with a very difficult health diagnosis. Prayers for Rebecca, it makes me sad when someone so kind is so sad. Prayers for Tressa and Kraig as they await the birth of their first child any day now. Prayers for debbie and her phamily especially her brother Rich and his wife. Marsha's mom as well as Debbie's mom transitioning into new housing.  Betsy, a wonderful friend for her health to keep improving each and every day. I always ask for my own phamily to be prayered for. Lots going on but especially Nick as he gets ready for yet another job interview. Always someone needing prayer regarding health or work related issues. Lots of folks needing prayer for mental health issues too. I think we often forget and our world today doesn't like talk about mental health. It is easier to remind everyone that it is not cost effective and watch the health industry just go about their daily jobs as long as we do not mention this dreaded illness. sOrry but 32 years in the health care inductry and I have seen too much change and not for the better regarding this issue.
Words to ponder.
Enjoy your weekend. My sweet hubby has a nice 4 day weekend coming up and I am hopeful he will get through his workday tomorrow safely. Take care everyone.

5 comments:

Edna B said...

I love the corn cartoon. I also love Maxine's views on things. As for the health problems, I have to agree. I spent a good deal of my life working in the health field and I haven't seen much progress for the good either. You have a super weekend. Hugs, Edna B.

Sandee said...

Love the funnies and Maxine is my kind of gal.

You and yours are always in my prayers.

I hope you and hubby have a nice four day weekend.

Have a fabulous day and weekend. Big hugs. ♥

Kay G. said...

Hi! Just wondering, didn't you mean to say that Linda Ronstadt had another big hit with it in the 70's? She didn't write the song. I was a huge Linda Ronstadt fan by the way! Her back up band became The Eagles! :-)
Great post. Stay cool!

Mevely317 said...

I'm so heartened to learn your lil grands think 'shut up' is a bad word(s)! I'll never forget trying to hide my dismay when my GM was laughing about her 3-y/o grandson saying the 'f' word. Seriously, she was telling everyone how 'cute' that was. SMDH.....

Have a great weekend!

Brian's Home Blog said...

Such a wonderful post, I hope you had a terrific Memorial Day weekend. Hey, my Dad had that Heat Wave record!