Pages

Friday, May 24, 2019

Feline Friday/ Memorial Weekend

 This was my boy Boots. There will never be another feline friend like him. He was kind, kinder than most folks could imagine ,including myself. He was a gift, a precious friend, a rare gem. Once he left me I never dreamed I could have another feline. I was in for a surprise. The pest can not replace my Boots but he sure makes my life a comedy someday's.
This a pest. A feline menace. He tried my patience every single day. He likes to be up close and personal and sometimes I have to build a wall to block him from my space. He is terribly whiny. He likes his way and he is very naughty to the new puppies. But he was a hoot as a kitten, destroyed toilet paper and other paper products in his path and his innocence was hard to ignore. He is the exact opposite of Boots yet somehow I cannot imagine him not being here. He is a diva of sorts, likes to annoy people and pets. These are my shares for brianshomeblog.com/ I hope you will come over and join us.
In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.
We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved, and now we lie
In Flanders fields.
Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields.
If we stop believing in Old Glory, if we forget those who gave their lives so we may live free, we will destroy ourselves. This flag stands for America just like all the flags of other nations stand for their nation. Don't forget it. Blood was spilled, families were broken, children were without a parent because their loved ones choose your freedom over their own lives.
Just a reminder, there is another kind of freedom too.

3 comments:

Sandee said...

Kitties all have their own personalities. My last kitty was my best kitty. She followed me everywhere. When I went to bed she did too. Always touching me and near me. I loved her so very much.

Thank you for joining the Feline Friday Blog Hop.

Have a purrfect Feline Friday and weekend, my friend. Big hugs. ♥

Brian's Home Blog said...

Boots was such a wonderful guy and I see lots of orange goodness in that sweet pest! We always honir our heroes every single day here.

pilch92 said...

Boots was a handsome boy. I am sorry he is no longer with you. I am glad you opened your heart to this little trouble maker though :)