Pages

Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Tuesday Show and Tail and Other Tuesday

Puppies can make most everyone smile. Today for my memories of Tuesday Show and Tail with Angela here are cute pups in a basket. If you stop by Happy Tuesday you might get a smile or two there.
My hubby Avery has really been fighting with his asthma and this cough that won't go away. His sees his Pulmonary doc tomorrow. Please pray. I found these words from Woman's Day magazine on google. It is tough when one you love so very much is not well. But I started to think of Fanny Crosby. She lived to be 94 years old and although she became blind shortly after her birth she lived a life praising God. She wrote many beautiful hymns and was known for her exceptional teaching and rescue mission work.
In 1873 she wrote my favorite hymn "Blessed Assurance". Although at that time in her life she became bedridden she spent her waking hours praising God and loving Jesus and singing about him
Blessed Assurance
Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine
O what a foretaste of glory divine
Heir of salvation, purchase of God
Born of His Spirit, washed in His blood
Perfect submission, all is at rest
I in my Savior am happy and blessed
Watching and waiting, looking above
Filled with His goodness, lost in His love
This is my story, this is my song
Praising my Savior all the day long
This is my story, this is my song
Praising my Savior all the day long
Oh what a Savior, wonderful Jesus
Oh what a Savior, wonderful Jesus
Oh what a Savior, wonderful Jesus
Oh what a Savior, wonderful Jesus
Death could not hold

Fanny wrote this song in 1873. She lived from March 24, 1820 to February 12, 1915. She life was most remarkable.

.

4 comments:

Mevely317 said...

Prayers for Avery! Please let me know what they say!
We're spending a couple of days at UAB Birmingham for Tom's cardiology tests and consult. I brought along the Colorado coffee mug you sent because I knew it would make me smile. :)

Sandee said...

Aw those two cutie pies are so precious.

I hope hubby gets some relief at the doctors office. Yikes.

Love that hymn too.

Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

Have a fabulous day, my friend. Big hug. ♥

Brian's Home Blog said...

We sure hope all goes well with the Doctor visit and we're all sending prayers to Avery.

Edna B said...

Those puppies are so beautiful. Here's hoping hubby will be okay. You have a super day, hugs, Edna B.