Pages

Saturday, March 14, 2020

Saturday Shares

I had to share this literary silliness. I remember reading Edgar Allan Poe in high school. Very much like Sylvia Plath,  Emily Dickinson and Poe, they were  dark and mesmerizing.
I always loved literature and reads all the classics, the great poets, the writers with such passion and creativity. I still love to read and found Carly Simon's 2015 book "Boys in Trees". She had a tortured relationship with her mother but truly adored her father. She was interesting because her father was the Simon of Simon and Schuster.
I studied Spanish in high school for two years. My hubby , French. The languages of love, sigh.......
I in no way dabble in the occult but this meme was too funny not to share. I knew a woman once, a mother of 4, who could not boil water but she could whip up homemade tortillas from scratch like she was born with that talent.
Walt Whitman was a creative genius. I still love reading his works.
Ah.....youth! Have a wonderful safe and healthy weekend.
Anyone who knows me, knows I like humor to cope with things I can not control. With all the chaos going on right now, here is a list of verses in Scripture you can read. I Know Jesus is in control.

4 comments:

Brian's Home Blog said...

Those were good, we really liked "I forget the rest"!!!

Mevely317 said...

How timely, these verses … thank you for this shortcut reference! (*smile*) Just this morning I awoke, weighing the pros and cons of attending Sean's book signing … questioning my decision. But no. I refuse to live in fear.

Have to admit, I was never a big fan of the classics. But I so love that French quote. Oh, and Walt Whitman's too.

Pom Pom said...

Hi Anne! Yes, He is! Hooray!

pilch92 said...

These are great. I like Walt Whitman too. :)