Pages

Thursday, April 30, 2020

Blog Friends Feline Friday Friendly Fill-Ins and Pink Saturday


I was catching up on my blogging when I stopped by Carla's blog Her sister has been sending her postcards while away from each other and sharing childhood memories. They had some great ones and what a sweet idea! Angela at wvtreasures.blogspot.com/ shared a favorite canning recipe and Caren atkittyandmedesigns.blogspot.com/ shared some of her creativeness. Years ago, when I first started to blog, I won the prettiest collage art wall hanging from Caren. I still have it and it hangs in our bedroom. The detail she used is perfection.

If you are a blogger you should visit these ladies. If you don't blog, it's a great time to get away from the constant chatter on what's going on in our country.
If you read the bible what is happening is laid out for you. So check out other people and their likes and see if you find someone to follow or learn something new. Also if anyone who does blog knows the whereabouts of Iggy at IntenseGuy.blogspot.com/Iggy. Barbara is a lifelong friend. She sent me the tea mug with infuser she bought in the UK and some yummy tea called Pink It Up! The shortbread is courtesy of my sweet friend Debbie . She is off the grid of all social media including her blog. She is a person who will pray at the drop of a hat along with many other prayer warriors that I see here and at their blogs like Marsha HarwoodMarsha and Pamela Cessna Kuhn. Linda . Friendships formed through life and also through blogging are the best.
This post is lengthy but I had a lot to say. Tired of the constant yammering about the virus. If you do not wish to go out, don't. If you do, so be it! I've said it before, the bible details everything going on in our world. So I do tire of the constant hysteria because there are folks who can not handle the pressure of it all. Not everyone has the ability like a duck out of water where the water beads up and slides away! So many people suffer with anxiety and other debilitating problems. Some people can slide through it all unfazed. Whichever category you fall into, be kind. Don't be mean. Do what works the very best for you.
Please stop by Feline Friday These three kittens are precious and they always catch our eye when they are so small and soft and cuddly.
Now, how about the fill-in statements for tomorrow's Friendly Fill-Ins challenge? Ellen of 15andmeowing is the mastermind behind the first two, and Lorianne came up with the second two.

1.)  It is important to learn _________.

2.) When I was _________, I was obsessed with _________.

3.) I feel _________ about _________.

4.)  My lucky number is _________.


Here are my answers:

1.) It is important to learn good manners. I think the world today lacks them terribly.

2.) When I was a teenager, I was obsessed with Paul Revere and the Raiders.

3.) I feel thankful about my life. Roof over my head, relative good health, loved ones. Life is good.

4.) My lucky number is Three.


Visit Pink Saturday and share a favorite pink (or anything). Addy in pink with Duke Kaboom!
I like to keep my mind on the Lord. It helps me keep grounded. I Like these words, they are calming like the water lapping the rocks.
This chunky baby cracks me up! I like naps but lately I have been too busy to take one. 
I am going to close at long last. Hoping you all have a beautiful weekend and you get to blogging!

10 comments:

Sandee said...

I have turned off the news completely. I don't get anything political in my emails and I'm refusing to listen to them act like fools, especially the so called media. We don't have media anymore. It's a shame.

Love your fill-ins as always.

Thank you for joining the Feline Friday Blog Hop.

Have a purrfect Feline Friday and weekend. Love and hugs. ♥

Cathy Kennedy said...

Anne,

I agree good manners is very much needed in our world. People are ruder today than when I was a kid. What a shame!

LV said...

I am with you, I do not watch TV much anymore either. I am afraid our country will never be the same anymore.

Mevely317 said...

That wall hanging is exquisite … me LOVES! :)
I so appreciate that you (and a few others) don't stoop to name-calling, etc. on social media. Even the divisiveness about the right way we should conduct our lives during this season of uncertainty. Me? I wanna be in which ever of the life boats YOU'RE assigned. (*smile*)

Totally agree about good manners. When I was a kid I was obsessed with horses; later, the Beatles. Not sure I have a lucky number, but my favorite number is 13. (Yes, I counted the number of folks in the Last Supper painting.)

Kathe W. said...

I have also tuned out from the horrible news programs. Too much negativity for me. I'd rather chat with our neighbors who are all lovely people. When it is a sunny day we gather together ( social distancing of course) outside with our lawn chairs and have a lively and positive discussions.
It keeps us connected and upbeat! Hope all is well with you and be well!

pilch92 said...

I think the media makes people panic by only focusing on the negative. I stay in for the most part, wear a mask and gloves when I go out and pray.
Thank you for participating in the fill-ins, great answers. I agree about manners. Have a nice weekend! XO

Brian's Home Blog said...

Sometimes the TV is on for noise but not much watching goes on. We enjoyed your fill-in answers and we hope you have a most pleasant weekend!

Louca por porcelana said...

Happy Pink Saturday!Great post as ever.Blessings.

messymimi said...

Long, but worth it!

Mike Golch said...

The only reason I put the news on is to see what the weather is going to do,other that that is is just a bounch of noise that i talkback to.