Pages

Friday, April 10, 2020

Feline Friday Friendly Fill- Ins and Pink Saturday

Carl is a dare devil kitty. These two do not want him to lose his ninth life! Stop by Feline Friday and send some feline fun our way. I found some great google images today to share with everyone.
This was me today but I did it anyway. But this one looks like my lazy bones kitty Mister Kitty. If you flip on the lights and he's asleep he will throw you some serious shade. HaHaHa
Cats look for mischief. HaHaHa. Earlier I had about 5 oz. of Hawaiian Punch I wanted to drink. But my little juice glass was only four oz. So I poured part of it into my glass. I was writing out a card when suddenly it sounded like gunfire! Oh Mister Kitty jumped a foot high on the bed. HaHaHa but so did I! I went to finish pouring the punch in my glass when I noticed the plastic jug made that crazy noise. We are wide awake and plan to stay that way! It is a gorgeous sunny day. Just in time for snow on Easter SONday. But living in Colorado we are use to anything the weather throws our way.
Each Thursday  Ellen of   and Lorianne  provide friendly fill-in questions. Ellen suggested the first two and Lorianne and the other two.  If you have any questions, please contact these lovely ladies.

1. I am never ______________.
2. For Easter (or Passover) I will______________.
3. I would want the Easter Bunny to leave me a basket filled with ____________.
4. When times get tough, ____________.

My answers are here:

1. I am never at a loss for words or kindness.
2. For Easter (or Passover) I will celebrate quietly at home with my hubby, our daughter, her husband and our son.
3. I would want the Easter Bunny to leave me a basket filled with delectable bakery cream puffs and some hard to find items like toilet paper and hand sanitizer. I wouldn't be mad if he left a gift card either. (wink wink)
4. When times get tough, I pray even harder and try hard not to discouraged but to jump in and do all I can to help myself and others.

Beverly has hosted Pink Saturday for so many years I am not sure how longer it has been. I will be blogging for 11 years come November 1, 2020 so that long for certain. I am sad that so many left for social media and do not blog any longer. She has a different crowd these days but still the faithful "Pinkies" still stop by. Please do.

I am not sure we have enough eggs to color this year. Kind of sad. But somehow we will manage. We are all grateful our health is still good.
My friend Sharon sends me these peeps every year since I met her in 1987. The color varies every year.
I still love Easter candy but these days I prefer Reese's peanut butter eggs and Cabury crispy eggs. Do you still love Easter candy?
Good Friday. As a child I spent every Good Friday at church because I attended Catholic School. Aside from coloring eggs with my phamily on Good Friday we were not allowed to watch TV r turn on a radio. It was just how mom handles us and we were better people for it. Today I see grumbles about been locked down. Is it fun? No of course not. But if we pay attention and stay safe perhaps we will all be free soon. One of my neighbors was sitting on her front porch while her daughter was swinging on the tree swing. But there she was glued to her phone, obliviously to what was going on with her child. Some of us with learn lessons. Others I am afraid will never change.
We attended a church service every Holy Saturday too. The priest would bless all the baskets filled with delicious sLOVEnian foods including potica, kolabasi, ham, colorful hard boiled eggs, rolls and even horseradish. I really miss that tradition. My mother made potica like no other. She never was chintzy on the filling and we all loved her hard work to create such goodness for all of us.  Everything filled inside that basket my mom prepared without ever being tempted to nibble on anything. She was an amazing woman.
I hope no matter how you celebrate whether it is Easter or Passover or if you simply surround yourself with those you love best, I hope your Easter is filled with much happiness, good health and beautiful memories. 

7 comments:

Louca por porcelana said...

It is always a pleasure stopping by your clever blog...Fun,kindness,faith,family...Oh,and pretty Pink!Happy Easter!Thank you for your visit in my little blog.Makes me happy.Blessings.

Sandee said...

Awww on the kitties and we don't want to loose that 9th life. I love all your fill-ins. We're on the same page as usual.

Thank you for joining the Feline Friday Blog Hop.

Have a purrfect Feline Friday and weekend. Big hug honey and stay well. ♥

Brian's Home Blog said...

The kitty fun just never ends, at least not here. We enjoyed your fill-in answers and I hope you have a wonderful weekend and a Happy Easter.

pilch92 said...

Cute kitty memes. Thank you for participating in the fill-ins, great answers. I am glad you will get to celebrate Easter with your family. XO

Mevely317 said...

My goodness, the stories you and Tom could share of Easter observances! He was just telling me (again) last night of the lamb cakes his mother and aunt used to make and the baskets they'd bring to the church to have blessed.

I could sure go for one of your bakery cream puffs right about now! (*smile*) Congratulations on your upcoming 11th Blogaversary … shall we have a party?

Sandee said...

☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆ ★ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
╔╗╔╦══╦═╦═╦╗╔╗ ★ ★ ★
║╚╝║══║═║═║╚╝║ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
║╔╗║╔╗║╔╣╔╩╗╔╝ ★ EASTER ☆
╚╝╚╩╝╚╩╝╚╝═╚╝ ♥¥☆★☆★☆¥♥ ★☆ ♥♥♥

Edna B said...

I miss the sunrise Easter services of days gone by. They were so beautiful. Stay safe and have a Blessed day, hugs, Edna B.