Pages

Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Happy Tuesday and More

We took a road trip to Guanella Pass today. This is a google image I am sharing because the herd of these cute baby mountain goats hurried across the road and up into the mountains before I could set my camera to snap a photo. They are such remarkable little sure footed creatures. I thought they would make a sweet share for Happy Tuesday. They are also perfect for my memories of Tuesday Show and Tails. Aren't they so cute?




As many of you already know, today was the first anniversary of the passing of Alastor Avery. Not a moment went by that I did not have him on my mind. I think he may have been peeking from the heavens above us. 

This was August 02, 2019 and I never dreamed it would be the last time I would hold this precious boy and share a photo with him. He was teething and terribly miserable. But the hours spent with him that Friday night will forever hold a special place inside my heart. My little Hyundai is sitting in our backyard. We think perhaps it needs a new alternator. But it will forever be a symbol of our last visit with this boy. He was fussy and we drove around our neighborhood for a solid two hours trying to keep him calm.  In same ways it was comical, as Harrison kept tapping my shoulder saying "Grandmother, tell my brother to be quiet. I have a headache!" I said " Harrison, we all have a headache and your brother is sad too. He has teething pain. " Later that night his mom and dad returned and I remember how he leapt into his mom's arms and smiled the biggest smile. My pretty sundress sat in my closet for an entire year until I decided last week to wear it again. Oh Alastor, how I miss your earthly life. But I will see you in heaven and we will have a happy reunion. Someday on the horizon. 

I rely heavily on my faith. Nothing in this life can soothe the soul. Only God can handle you pain and suffering and sadness. 
We tried to have some light hearted moments today. The weather was perfect. 90 plus here in town and twenty degrees cooler in the mountains. Ah...... Jake and Zach are brother-in-law huggers. I could not resist taking this photo.
Jake and Hannah. It was a very beautiful day. 
Jake Avery and Zach! Who is the favorite son-in-law?  HaHaHa
Rebekah and Zach , we had a wonderful day. 
I have a friend who constantly gives me something to chuckle about. This was a prize!

8 comments:

Linda said...

I am so sorry for your loss, how truly sad. Keeping you and the family in prayer.

Thank you for sharing your photos, they were beautiful. smiles

Sandee said...

Aw on those sure footed cutie pies. They are so adorable.

I know how difficult it's been remembering the last time you saw your precious little one. Big healing hugs.

Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

Have a fabulous day, honey. Big hugs. ♥

Edna B said...

What a beautiful little goat. The photos are wonderful. Looks like everyone is enjoying the beautiful views and the cooler temps. Enjoy your day, hugs, Edna B.

Mevely317 said...

I never heard of Guanella Pass, but would sure love to see it with my own eyes. Those pictures of your girls (and their guys) are frame-worthy! How sweet that Harrison calls you, "Grandmother" ... sounds delightfully old-fashioned, doesn't it? HUGS!

Brian's Home Blog said...

That sure is a most scenic area, love it! Such a sad anniversary, but remember you always will for the love never dies.

Louca por porcelana said...

Sorry for your loss...Sending prayers. Big hug.

messymimi said...

Every year the loss gets a bit easier to live with. at least that's what i feel. The hurt is there, but it gets easier to deal with it. Hugs!

JanCT said...

I think Alastor Avery would be very happy to know that you wore your pretty dress again. Your family is lovely, and I'm so glad you had the chance to spend some time together.
Jan
Laughter and Consistency