Pages

Thursday, October 29, 2020

Thankful Thursday Feline Friday and More

 

  

Perhaps I have shared her before, but this is my great grandmother Mary Virant Steblaj. I never knew my maternal grandfather as he passed away when my mother was just 13. This is his mother. she had three daughters and my grandfather . I really wish I knew more about all of them. My mom's cousin Frances had one daughter Pam and she thankfully posted photos as her grandmother was one of the daughters. I love researching my phamily but there was lots of sadness and I get emotional so I have to stop. I am thankful there are resources today to find information you might otherwise not know.
I am always thankful for humor. Here is a cute one. It reminded me of Halloween. One year my hubby was out with the kids and I was home alone. This would be me. HaHaHa Please visit Thankful Thursday


Humor is gets you through the tough times.

Visit Feline Friday for more fun. I am not sure our cats would enjoy wearing a Halloween costume although I did know a cat who wore a harness and went for walks. 


Ellen and Lorianne co host this fun blog hop:

Here are this week's questions which these two great gals share in making up each week:

1. I Keep __________,but__________.

2. I don't need _________but I want, ___________.

3. I would want _______________to be etched on my tombstone.

4. If I heard something go bump in the night, I would __________.

My answers:

1. I keep trying to eat less sugar, but my hubby temps me with giant Health bars. ALthough we eat only a couple small squares each night, I think we need to stop. 

2. I don't need more clothes, but I want more comfy and cozy clothing for the winter.

3. I would want something similar to my folks, (they have the 23rd Psalm) etched on my tombstone. 

4. If I Heard something go bump in the night, I would know Mister Kitty was prowling around the house, probably seeing if Daphne ate all her dinner. 


Prayers for Jenn and Zak. They really want a child but have struggled with infertility. Please pray for them. They are two of the sweetest people.

Brody has been feeling under the weather. Nothing serious but it is hard to feel poorly and  keep up with your little brother. Those sniffles are part of the weather changing.

Continue to pray, if you are a prayer warrior, for Joan and her cancer and Charlene dealing with the loss of her foot. My understanding of amputations result in feeling like your foot/leg/arm are still there. She is a very upbeat lady but this is entirely unfamiliar territory for her. Thank you.

Lots of people to pray for feeling poorly too.  This time of year has always been difficult because our weather changes and it is often simply sniffles from pollution in the air and lots of other things. I think sometime we all overdramatize things.

Stay healthy and thank you for visiting me. Remember to come join the postcard exchange. I will have some cards going out this weekend.



9 comments:

Brian's Home Blog said...

Taco Cat is really cute but that costume would make me go bump in the night. Prayers to all, that's a lot for folks to deal with. Thanks for joining our Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

Sandee said...

I'm not into looking into my family history. Most of my family are a bit nuts. I don't need to know any more than that. I know you enjoy it to a point.

Love your fill-ins. Love the kitties. Taco Cat is spelled the same forward or backwards. Good to know.

Prayers for all those on your prayer list.

Thank you for joining the Feline Friday Blog Hop.

Have a purrfect Feline Friday and weekend. Love and hugs, Anne. ♥

Edna B said...

Tis the season for runny noses and lots of coughing. Let's hope there's not very much of it though. It's snowing here today. I had to finally put the heat on in the main house. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

Ginny Hartzler said...

So sad how many people are suffering now. Heath bars are Phil's favorite. I sure don't need clothes at all, but like you, I would like some fluffy or soft warm clothes. How wonderful that you have this photo of your great-grandmother!

Kathe W. said...

Great fill-ins and Taco Cat is adorable! I am sort of curious about our family's long ago relatives, but as my oldest son said "Do we really want to find more crazy relatives?" Cheers!

pilch92 said...

I will pray for all you wrote about. Thank you for participating in the fill-ins, great answers. I think you need a pick me up during COVID so go online and get some warm and cozy clothes. :) Have a nice weekend and a Happy Halloween! XO

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Love vintage pictures like the one of your great-grandmother. Reminds me of my grandmother.

Is it really true that octopuses(?) eat themselves when stressed?

Mevely317 said...

I love when you share pictures of your family members who've gone before! Gosh, there's so much stress out there. Coupled with the change in weather, I suspect everyone's anxiety levels are ramped up. Thank you for continuing to share these prayer requests; I'm happy to join your Warrior Nation. :)

PS - Still looking for postcards for sale. Any suggestions?

messymimi said...

Prayers all around, including for you!