Pages

Monday, June 21, 2021

HAPPPY TUESDAY

 Happy Tuesday

Noelle sent me two photos of the phamily here. I think Benjamin is looking down in the one I posted yesterday. It is hard to catch all those smiling faces at one time! I just wanted to ask for prayer for Tarrah. When Ella was born, Tarrah's kidneys started to fail. So now she is on a list for a transplant and even has a few friends and relatives that are willing to be tested. These are the times I need my friend Sharon. But since I can not see her in this earthly life again I feel lost. I know lots of information about transplants. I worked in the UCHSC medical school and hospital for many years. But Sharon was a dialysis patient and she knew all the intricacies. Actually I never knew anyone as smart as she was about medicine. Having worked in the hospital starting at age 16 when she collected info for birth certificates. Sharon had a wealth of knowledge regarding the medical field. Attending doctors adored her and often would not talk to anyone else to admit their critical patients. She was in a class by herself. Her mom managed the Medical Records department for many years. Between Sharon and Naomi, you always had the best info you needed regarding your patients. My heart hurts for Sharon's mom. She is 89 years old and she and her husband, Troy were caring for Sharon. I know I will send more letters to her mom and remind her of Sharon's stories we shared through the years. I am happy I knew such an amazing woman. 


Maxine always has an opinion on everything under the sun. She is right on about this one!


John MacArthur helped me through many difficult moments when my kids were small. Working a full time job opposite my husband we seemed to pass like ships in the night. He worked days and I worked the second shift. An older woman I worked with Betty Adams gave me  info on to the Bellview Bible School/College and Christian radio station.  She and her husband attended the Pilar of Fire also on the campus. The campus is a very lovely place. When our kids were small my husband took classes and studied two years of New Testament Greek. I always was sad he could never finish his degree there but he learned so much from so many older gentlemen who taught at the college. The radio played wonderful music and they hosted many programs from Kevin Lehman, a Christian child psychologist to Focus on the Family , Elisabeth Eliott , Joni Eareckson Tada and many others. I found if I listened to these programs and the music my chaotic life was calmed from the storms of life. The Westminster Castle was built in 1908 and this beautiful building stands on the top of a hill overlooking  the campus where there is a school and  the church and radio station as well as a cemetrey where many of those who have left this earth are buried.


This is a photo of the castle .  Dr. Robert Dallenbach is still involved in the Pilar of Fire church but at 93 he is officially retired. 


I just don't know what I would do without Loretta. This caught my eye and made me laugh until I heard something snap, crackle or pop!  Loretta is a lifeline to humor and sheer silliness. 


I wish you all a restful night. My father use to say, "God willing tomorrow......(fill in the blank). As I studied the bible for myself I learned he had taken that from the book of James. So I will often say I hope we are all here tomorrow or God willing, I pray we meet again tomorrow. We are not promised any days so I am grateful for the one I have right now. Take care and enjoy your new week.


8 comments:

My GBGV Life said...

So sorry about your friend and you missing her so much, but you have to remember to be thankful for the time you did have together. No one knows how long they have here, so we need to make the best of it. Love that thing about what makes a back hurt, it's so true.

Sandee said...

Big healing hugs my friend. I'm sorry you don't have your friend to help you through this crisis. Prayers coming your way.

Love all the funnies and the one about my back. Spot on.

Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday. Love and hugs. ♥

Mevely317 said...

Oh Anne, you always have the best closing sentiments. I wish I might write from the heart like you.
How wonderful to see little Ella looking so healthy and adorable. Princess Warrior.

Hey, I'm no expert but like to believe Sharon hears your words. She's just out of sight for a little while. 💜

Kathe W. said...

We all send our prayers and thoughts to you. Take care.

pilch92 said...

I talk to my mom every night at 6:30 and we she always says she will call me in the morning God willing.
Tarrah is in my prayers. I am sorry your friend is not with you, but I am sure she is watching over you and your family. XO

Brian's Home Blog said...

That is a beautiful phamily photo and we're all sending lots of prayers for Tarrah.

messymimi said...

Thank you for your lovely thoughts and the laughs. Yes, if He is willing, i get up and go to work tomorrow.

Edna B said...

I love the image about what makes your back ache. It is sooo true! That's a wonderful family photo. You have a super day, hugs, Edna B.