Pages

Thursday, March 3, 2022

THANKFUL THURSDAY / Dr. Seuss Day

Doctor Seuss Day! 


Photo courtesy of Netwellth

 Thankful Thursday So much to be be thankful for today. I have had my dad on my mind, as it is coming up on the 37th anniversary of his passing. He and I had many good conversations as I grew older. I remember him telling me not to get too comfortable with the ways of the world. He said, in the end the only thing that matters is God. So thankful for an earthly father who praised the Heavenly One.

"Our life is frittered away by detail. Simplify, simplify. Henry David Thoreau (1817-1862). US author, essayist, naturalist, poet and philosopher. He is best known for work "Walden" a reflect of simple living among natural surroundings. He is also known for his essay, "Civil Disobedience", an argument for disobedience to an unjust state. Thankful I studied this incredibly talented man in my school days.

Five years ago on March 2, 2016, the world of blogging and friendship lost one of the finest ladies I was honored to know: Sally DiStefano. This kind heart hosted "Blue Monday" and Sally will forever remain in my heart until I see her again in heaven. Her final post, was her witness to the love and appreciation of knowing her Savior Jesus Christ. She was bold in her faith, never pushy, just simply gentle and kind. I remembering reading all the wonderful comments about her at social media. One young lady, a mother herself, with her own young children said Sally taught her English class. At the time, this young lady had no desire to to learn all the nonsense Sally was teaching. But she set Sally's words inside her heart. She said she had the life she had today as a result of Sally's kindest as a teacher and reaching out to help even those who showed no interest. I am forever grateful, joyful, thankful and honored for having had the pleasure to know this fine lady here.


Although it is not Monday, this is my favorite Blue Monday I posted with Sally . This is "Lambie Pie", also known as Harrison James. We were at the Denver Zoo and it was a cold blue day but we had fun seeing all the animals and enjoying the company of several of the grands. Here is to you Sweet Sally, for all those Blue Monday's you faithfully posted even when you were ill and waiting for results at the hospital . If you did not know Sally. Even if you knew her, refresh your mind and visit her final post here Smiling Sally.





8 comments:

Terra said...

This is a sweet tribute post to your friend, I will look at the link to her last post after I comment here. Sharing Jesus can be a joy.

Sandee said...

What a beautiful tribute. Big healing hugs.

Have a fabulous day, my friend. Love and hugs. ♥

Ginny Hartzler said...

So sad thy are gone...

Mevely317 said...

Yes, I remember Smiling Sally! I'm certain she'd be pleased to know she's not been forgotten.
My own earthy father celebrated his 40th homegoing in December. Yes, even after all this time, it still hurts.

Kathe W. said...

Lambie Pie is a cutie pie! By the way your blog is insecure as your url is lacking "https://" You need to type that in front of your url please.
Example: https://annesphamily.blogspot.com/ Also My Tata's Cottage needs the same- I cannot access her blog as it is insecure. Thanks for your help.

Brian's Home Blog said...

Thoreau was a wise one, ahead of his time. Your friend Sally sounded like a real gem. Thanks for joining our Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

pilch92 said...

Very sweet tribute to your friend. Harrison is a cutie. XO

messymimi said...

A beautiful post, i'm always thankful i came to read here.