Pages

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Pink Spa Pretties, Love is...,Blue Monday

Welcome to my very late PINK SATURDAY! I want to thank Beverly for her kind heart and the fact that she works so hard and tirelessly each week to bring it all together for a bountiful pink weekend.
My son-in-law Roger drew my name for our Secret Santa this Christmas. Here is part of my gift a pretty Olay bath care set. This is a terrific home style spa and I could use it after the long difficult time we had at our office. It is good to get back on our feet and get into the new year with a clean slate!
Join Marydon and me for Love is...This is a very special one for me! My oldest sister was indeed an army bride! I was just a little kid when she married but she was a happy soul! We lost her twelve years ago February 2001. I miss her today and always.
This was her wedding. In those days the wedding photos were taken at the Mineral Palace Park in my hometown. They had such a lovely venue to set up wedding photos. My older brother is on the left (second on your left) and my older sister is the flower girl on your far left! I was too tiny to participate!
Blue skies following the road to Gunnison, Colorado. Hannah's honey Markus will graduate from the university up there May 11th. We will hopefully travel that road in the crisp clear Spring weather. May is going to be a busy month! My Sweets and I will celebrate twenty nine years of marriage May3rd. Markus graduates May 11th. We pick Nick up at college May 18th and Rebekah graduates from the university here in Denver May 19th! Whew! I hope you will join Sally and all the blues for Blue Monday tomorrow.

Thanks for all the prayers for my brother-in-law John. He was admitted to the Veteran's Hospital here in Denver last night. They finally found a team of doctors who found out what he needed to start healing. Since he was not in the military during an active war he has no in patient benefits. Due to his condition they were able to admit him! Praise God!

Matthew 11:28-29 Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

17 comments:

SmilingSally said...

May is busy for me too. It's my birthday, Mother's Day, and one of my grandchildren will graduate from college.

That's a pretty blue sky, Anne. Happy Blue Monday!

Fashion Momma said...

Wonderful shots.

I played too. Mine are here and here.

Unknown said...

i love looking at old photos. i keep my family's old photos, even my grandmother's.

a lovely snapshot of the road to Gunnison. beautiful colors.

bj said...

I, too, love looking at olden photos.
We love the Gunnison area...beautiful.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

That's good news for your brother in law!!!!!

Simply Debbie said...

Thanks for stopping by Anne,
I will add John to my prayer list.
Your May is full. Congratulations to your children graduating. Happy early CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR 29TH WEDDING ANNIVERSARY. This year my husband and I will be married 40 years. I don't know where the time goes.
I have been praying things would improve for you at work.
hugs and prayers

Unknown said...

Awww! Sweetie ... what a beautiful wedding pics. Love seeing older pics.

What a beautiful gift to receive ... you will enjoy after work these relaxing soothing moments.

Picture perfect capture of Gunnison.

So glad that all went well for Nick, too. I know you will be so glad to have him home again.

TTFN ~
Hugs,
Marydon

Theresa said...

Beautiful pictures! I use OLAY products too:) LOVE all of the lotions and body wash! Have a blessed day, thanks for the update on your brother-in-law! Prayers continue! HUGS!

GranthamLynn said...

Oh what a fun pink and blue post. I linked to Blue Monday too.
I love your blog. I am going to stay awhile this morning. Have a wonderful day.
Come by and visit me I try to post something encouraging everyday. Come by for a smmile.
Have a wonderful week,
Sherry

Unknown said...

Happy Blue Monday!Hope your brother in law John will soon come out of the hospital. Seems a lot of things are going on in your family!

Chubskulit Rose said...

Olay is a very good product!

Here's my BLUE
Have a great week ahead!

Ann said...

We've driven near Gunnison several times seeing our son & fam. The blue skies are so vivid. Those wedding shots are so pretty--love all the ruffles.
Ann

LV said...

Always dropping in and seeing what you and family have been up to.

Jenny said...

Those are some yummy looking bath treats!

I've driven through Gunnison once! I remember it as lovely!

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Anne you have a full platter ! Happy your bil was able to find care.
(())

Sue McPeak said...

As always...so much going on in your Phamily...May sounds very busy and exciting for all of you. Loved seeing your sisters wedding picture...very special memory even if you were just a babe...thank goodness we have those pictures...it keeps our memories in our hears as special treasures.

Thanks for stopping by CITexas Gal and catching up on my posts. I love it when you visit!

Jeanne said...

Hi Anne, Your secret Santa gifts are awesome. Your SIL made a great choice. I love Olay products.

I loved the wedding picture so much. How sad to lose a sister Anne.

I am praying still for John. I hope there can be healing soon.

Have a happy Pink Saturday.
Hugs, Jeanne