Pages

Thursday, October 31, 2019

THANKFUL THURSDAY

The road trip to Lamar and Holly was wonderful and bittersweet as well. My sister-in-law had cared for her older brother Mike before his passing in March 2015. Time got away from all of us and Mike's wish was to have his ashes spread at the phamily farm in Holly, Colorado. We stopped by the cemetery where the in-laws are buried . Our nephew Dustin is a great photographer and he shot lots of film for us. So I am very thankful for all the moments we were able to share with relatives. Thankful for Jake because we love him dearly and thankful he and Hannah will build a life together and travel a new journey.
Road trips are fun! We played great music all the way to Holly and Lamar. It was a long road trip but filled with good memories.



Lots of fun, good memories and visits with loved ones. More on this trip later.

If you had trick or treaters last night, hopefully you did not turn the older kids away. Nick went out with friends in his middle school years. We would laugh at the bag of candy he would come home with. My friend Carole posted this cute reminder.
Remember to visit Thankful Thursday It is  a gift to have friends here like Brian. SHare your thankfulness too.
Have a beautiful Thankful Thursday.








5 comments:

Brian's Home Blog said...

I'm glad you had a good trip and I really like being thankful that we have a cup. Thanks for joining the Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

Sandee said...

You are one of the most thankful people I know. I'm glad the road trip turned out so well.

Have a fabulous day and weekend, honey. Big hugs. ♥♥♥

pilch92 said...

Nice photos. I agree, I don't mind teens trick or treating instead of partying. Have a nice weekend!

Edna B said...

We never turned the older kids away. Better they went trick or treating, then to be up to no good. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

Mevely317 said...

I used to so enjoy road trips! 'Still fantasize about getting about this old USA (thinking Route 66) with no deadlines or agenda -- then I remember we'd most likely have to kennel the dogs. That's a deal breaker!