Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

'E" is for Emergency and Other Fun FIlled Valentine's Day Treats

Ah....Valentine's Day! some love it, others think it is too commercial. I enjoy it because I have a special someone to share it with and it is a heartful month with the reminder to check your heart, especially ladies!  I chose "E" for Emergency because of last night. Heart attacks for men are quite classic episodes. Griping chest pain, sweating, nausea and vomiting. Women the attack is more subtle jaw and arm pain. This is something I experienced after dinner last night. Grateful for the new emergency hospital five minutes from my home. I was there from 9 P.M. to 1:30 A.M. I feel very badly for my honey. He is working alone today until 3 P.M. when his other co worker comes in. Oh there are people who can pitch in and help but when it comes to their primary job he and Tony and Geraldine are masters at it!
I sent my sweet hubby home at midnight where he had 90 minutes of rest until he had to come back for me. I had a new blood test that can show heart muscle damage. Problem is they have to run it twice within two hours of each other and I was very grateful. It came back normal both times. I was told if it occurred again to go right back to the ER. Otherwise I will my doctor Friday and go from there. I also had a low potassium level . It is what it is. I just need to take it easy and slow down a bit.
This Love is...says it all.
Some days Maxine just tells it like it really is!
Say a prayer for this girl Layla. She is a boxer who belongs to Roger and Noelle. She got really ill really quickly and last night went to the Vet. She has kidney failure. She is resting comfortably there today as she needed surgery. Her cohort Trek is miserable at home without her. He is not a male dog person and does not play well with them but Layla, he loves this girl, even when he steals her treats. she is my share for my late Tuesday Show and Tail because I was hooked up to an assortment of machines at the ER so could not finish this post timely.

A gentle Valentine's Day reminder. May your day be beautifully blessed.

5 comments:

LV said...

My word Ann, certainly did not expect to hear this. Trust all the test turn out okay. You just need to slow down. We never know what a day will bring and that is why I try to make the best of each one. Thank you so much for my Valentine. Very kind and thoughtful of you. I received two others as well, but did not recognize the names. Are they friends of yours? I am going to acknowledge them as well. Take care my friend.

Mevely317 said...

What a rotten turn of events, Anne! That had to be a scare! Did they give you an Rx of nitro to hang onto? Lifting you in my prayers ... and Layla, too!

Edna B said...

Goodness, I hope you're going to be alright. This must have been scary for you. Also for Layla. She must be scared too. I'll keep you both in my prayers.

I've noticed too how many bloggers are no longer blogging. Most of the scrapbooking forums are gone by too. I'm missing a lot of really nice folks. I keep my blog because it is sort of a journal of my daily life, with photos of family and friends and other fun things. It's really interesting to look back and see how the years were.

You need to slow down a speck and take good care of yourself. Hugs, Edna B.

Sandee said...

Yikes, I hope everything turns out okay. I hate being under the weather.

Have a blessed day. Tons of prayers to you and to Layla. ♥♥♥

Pom Pom said...

I'm glad you're okay, Anne!