Pages

Monday, March 27, 2017

Blue Monday

Springtime is very bittersweet to me. Having so many losses makes it a happy and sad time in my four seasons of life. I have been blue for a number of days. Today would have been the birthday of my oldest sibling and sister Pat. She was incredible. I miss her phone calls, I miss her smile and her incredibly beautiful talents. She could sew like a dream and she loved life and her phamily. When I see her granddaughters today it makes me smile. She raised five sons with her husband Gary. She always said, God will give me granddaughters, I just know it! He did, Racheile, Shelby and McKenzie. She even has great daughters too - Hannah and Paisley Joe, daughters of her first born grand child Joseph. Racheile is a sweet business pro involved is lots of different organizations using her skills and talents to make our world better.  I don't know much about Shelby these days, she is the same age as my grandson Colton, 20, and she has Crohn's disease.  McKenzie is the dancer. How proud my sis would be. Then there is Andrea and Nick and one of their three kiddos, Mayleigh is also a girl. My nephew Ed is quite proud of this sweet phamily and my sister would be smiling at the things Miss Mayleigh comes up with. Her great grands also include, Timothy and Beckett and Jeremiah. Sis, I bet you are smiling down on all of them from heaven above.
Look at those loooooooong legs my sissy had! she was a Cowgirl with my brother Bill and check out the cool car behind them.
My sis with her kids and hubby and first grandchild Joseph. She and Gary did a great job raising that young man.
Our daddy would say , this is my pretty Patty. My sister is was a beautiful human being. Happy birthday to you in heaven today.
Today is also the day in the year 1987 when a very cutting and cruel doctor said my baby Rachel was no longer "viable" and I would have to go through a painstaking delivery.  I am very careful when I speak to others regarding various issues, you do not know how hurtful, thirty years later, it is, when many liberal views about abortion lash at at me. Unless you have lost a child, you will never ever understand the continual pain stabbing at your heart.
Tiny footprints, the feet of Miss Rachel Lee Robinson, who went back to the Lord as quickly as she came to me.
I am sad and then the dogs charge the door as if they never saw the mail carrier before. They hand me this delightful card from a dear friend in Pennsylvania. A gentle soul struggling with the loss of his father 7 months ago. I too, know that pain. So he sends this cheerful card and makes me smile through my tears. God really knows our hearts.
A friend knows our heart.
Monday pals for Aw....Mondays with Sandee, a friend who I treasure dearly. She is always  watching out for me making sure I link in!
The letter "O" today is for owl! My sis Pat loved owls and always said you should have a figurine of an owl or a painting in your home to bring you good luck! She learned that from my mom. Mom never changed a calendar before the actual date appeared saying it wasn't good luck! SO here is a sweet owl to share in memory of my sister:

An pretty painting of an owl for Blue Monday as well. I hope your day is beautiful.

14 comments:

Gingi said...

I am so sorry to hear about your loss! I will never understand the anti-science mentality that denies the humanity of the pre-born. *hugs* - http://www.domesticgeekgirl.com

Sandee said...

♪♪Happy Birthday to you,♪♪
♪♪Happy Birthday to you,♪♪
♪♪Happy Birthday Dear Pat,♪♪
♪♪Happy Birthday to you.♪♪

I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm sure she's looking down from heaving enjoying those granddaughters.

Awww on the sleeping dog with that adorable kitten. So precious.

Have a blessed day, Anne. Big hugs. ♥♥♥

NanaDiana said...

Awww...Annie---Lord bless you! I know how hard it is to lose a sibling and we have experienced a still-born child. No one will ever understand the pain unless they have gone through it themselves. My heart aches for you today and I am sending up a prayer for you. xo Diana

Mevely317 said...

Oh, Pat looked like a stunning soul! As always, I love how you share your phamily photos and bio sketches with us. Oh Anne, I can't fathom the loss of a child; yours will be such a incredible reunion someday.
Meanwhile, don't stop believing(!) both Pat and Rachel are looking down and smiling at all you've become and the angel-on-earth you ARE.

Ida said...

Your post was very touching and heartfelt. - I'm always thankful for the "memories" God gives to us of those who have passed on.


If you subscribe to my blog via e-mail for updates you may need to resign up as I recently switched e-mail addresses.

LV said...

You share so many interesting things about your family. Ho wonderful it would be if there were more like you - so caring and good. You should link in blue Mondays on the new link. Not sure if or when Jeanne will be back. It is on my blog. It is handled a little different but she was will to try and keep it going. Take care my friend.

Edna B said...

These children that He took back with him were gifts. We are so blessed for every moment that we had them. Hugs, Edna B.

pat said...

Yes, God truly does knows our hearts. He sees us and cares! What a wonderful Father God we have.

Cranberry Morning said...

What a heart-wrenching post. I know that the pain is always there. I appreciate your kindness and gentleness to others because you don't know what they're going through themselves. It is so true. We all need to remember that. God help us not to be judgemental. If it weren't for God's grace, all of us would be without hope. The 'Pretend I'm a Tree and Save Me' poster on your sidebar is powerful.

Curtains in My Tree said...

Yes we all have sweet memories,however they just make me cry more, why is it we take the deaths of our loved ones so hard, most of our lives we know death will come to all of us? As a Christian it doesn't always help with the pain either. It took me 10 years after my Mother died suddenly, to be able to talk about her and not cry.

I'm sure you miss your sweet sister and you know her family misses her terribly
We will carry this pain with us till our deaths?

Lady of the Manor said...

What a touching post. So sorry for the losses in your life but it sounds as though you have wonderful memories. Thanks for visiting my blog. Have a good week!

Nikki (Sarah) said...

I get when you ache for someone who's died. And you long to hear their voice and laugh and chat with them about things only they really get. But one day - Stay strong Lady and hold onto the memories. They are the best. Hugs.

Su-sieee! Mac said...

Your sister would've been pleased with this post, Anne. Big hugs to you. I have an idea of your emotions. April brings memories of the Mama and the First Husband for me. Today I think that it was a pretty spring month when their spirits were freed from their decaying bodies. Peace and Joy, Anne.

Jill said...

Hi Anne, I wanted to stop by to tell you how much I appreciate your prayers for my surgery last Monday. Diana posted a prayer request on her blog and I am full of gratitude! I am slowly recovering but wanted you to know how very much I appreciate you thinking of me. :-) I am so very sorry for your loss. Keeping you in my prayers. I look forward to following your blog and getting to know you better.

Blessings
Jill