Pages

Monday, October 23, 2017

Aw...Mondays and Other Fun

Rose has been under the weather! The poor girl has asthma and has sneezing fits! All was fine until a couple weeks ago, she was getting bloody noses and spewing it everywhere. We took her to the vet and they did a swab to find out if it was just an infection or more serious. Grateful it was an infection and she is finishing her anti-biotic. She is not a fan of them but then literally licks and smacks her lips! She is such a quirky girl. Stop by Sandee's and say Aw...Mondays! Come over and join the fun.

Next you might want to visit Blue Monday and share some blues! I thought you might like this pretty blue and white tea cup. Here is something blue to go with the tea cup too:
I love this google image too. Yummy treats with pretty pinks as well as blues.

This cat and mouse teapot is just so fun and sweet. Love that chubby kitty. Make sure you go to my tea giveaway post and answer the questions in the comments to join the fun until October 31. I will have my hubby pick the winners, three of you, on November 1, which will celebrate my blogaversary. I am not good at linking the post to this post so bare with me. It was written on October 15, 2017.
Love is...always has the right words to say. This is how I love to share sweet treats with my hubby.
Oh Maxine, I agree with you so very much today!
Thinking about all the loved ones I have lost. Saying "lost" is really not right for my sister.  I think I would be better to say, she went to heaven and is sharing in a beautiful new place. My big sister Pat was much too young to be taken but when she did pass away her heart and mind belonged to God. She was more ready then most people included myself.. She had been ill for quite some time and she had a long while to think about eternity and where she would spend it. She was an incredible person, so beautiful as a child here with Josie, the phamily heirloom doll and also as an adult. She has a grand daughter who reminds me of her so much. Racheile is a beautiful young woman and a picture of my sissy.  I really need to get some photos of Racheile to share. My sister reminds me that heaven is near and I need to try to live my life as faithfully as she did.
Although my sister passed away in the month of February 2001 I miss her each and every day. But I would never want to see her come back to this world filled with so much uncertainty and many times for many hopelessness. She made her peace with God and is undoubtedly enjoying the company of other loved ones and Jesus Himself. That alone makes me smile.


Gratitude is so important and sometime I see so many being wasteful with it. Assuming good things just naturally come their way. We all need to be grateful for all the little things because one day we will realize they really were the big things.

11 comments:

Kathe W. said...

I agree with you about using the word "lost" for our dear friends and family that have passed away. I prefer to think of them as in a peaceful place. Have a lovely week!

Hairballsandhissyfits.com said...

love the cat teapot!! Hope Rose feels better soon!

Sandee said...

Rose is adorable and I hope she feels better soon. We worry when our babies are sick.

Our loved ones that pass on are always fondly remembered. I think of my mother every single day. Yesterday I thought of our precious Little Bit.

Have a fabulous Awww Monday, Anne. Big hugs. ♥♥♥

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Hi Anne

I love cats but don't have one right now as I am still a little heartbroken after losing my last one. I am waiting for the right cat to "find me" --I know I'll rescue one sooner or later. The cat teapot is adorable.

Your sister will always be in your heart and memories ((hugs))

Anonymous said...

I do hope Rose is feeling all better now. She looks so much like our Nicky! Such a fun post! Love that cat and mouse teapot and all of your quotes. I, too, don't believe our loved ones are "lost." I like to say they have graduated and gone on to greater things! They're just waiting for us to catch up! Have a beautiful week!

Mike Golch said...

Hope rose is feeling much better,I know it's no fun giving the fur babies meds.

messymimi said...

Such a sweet cat, i hope she gets well soon and stays that way. Your blues and teapot are smile makers!

We do miss all our loved ones who have gone before.

Anonymous said...

Indeed. Great post. My Maine Coon, Maggie, has allergies and asthma. She has had a rough Summer and is just starting to settle down.

pilch92 said...

I am glad Rose is feeling better, she is a cutie. It sounds like your sister was very nice.

Ann said...

Oh the thought of meeting those in Heaven makes my heart leap this morning. Been in prayer so much for this world we dwell in, if not for the Lord how could we go on? So thankful I have friends (you) are believers and we can stand together.
Ann

Ida said...

Enjoyed your post. I'm glad your kitty got the medical care she needed.