Pages

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

More Wedding Tales/My BoJon Heritage/Baseball/Holidays

Carrie, my niece shared this with Noelle who shared it with me. Today is the wedding anniversary of John and Carrie. Weren't they a cute couple? Then there is my mom. Gosh, she was such a fashion plate. Always decked out in her wedding finest. I miss her so much. She was a wonderful woman, a terrific mom, great wife and grandma and there was no one she could not carry a conversation with .
How about a pretty pink sky to share this wedding post with? I took this last week at the RTD station where I leave my honey each morning during the work week. God paints a beautiful portrait. He is always giving us such treasures to remind us He is watching over us.
I like that this sky is similar to the photo I took yet it is so different. I love looking up into the sky at night and in the early morning.
This young BoJon pitcher is pitching in the World Series. Luke Hochevar is the son of Brian. Luke's dad grew up on the 1200 block of Mahren in Pueblo's BoJon Town, (Colorado). He was a good baseball player and his son is an excellent pitcher. It is nice to see successful BoJon's in the world.

There are three things in my life which I really love:  God, my family, and baseball.  The only problem - once baseball season starts, I change the order around a bit.  ~Al Gallagher, 1971
Did you know this fact about the late Yogi Berra?  He wore number 8 throughout his career and when he lost his wife in 2014 their home sold for $888,000.00. Coincidence? 
Baseball is a game where a curve is an optical illusion, a screwball can be a pitch or a person, stealing is legal and you can spit anywhere you like except in the umpire's eye or on the ball.  ~Jim Murray

This is an absolute favorite photo of mine, It is my very beautiful grandmother Cecilia Kralj Steblay and two of her children, her sons, Louis (hat in his hand) and Tony (baby). I remember my Uncle Louie  telling me that his little brother was so small and weak that grandma had to give him goat's milk and he perked right up. Uncle Louie also told me he loved that big hat and wore it everywhere he went. Gosh, the memories of this BoJon Phamily makes me smile. I was raised in the best phamily by  the best parents and had the greatest grandparents and relatives a girl could ever have. 
This was a Halloween I co hosted with a long ago friend Camille (Miss Piggy). It was 1979 and my childhood friend Lynette was a clown while Camille's niece Mary was dressed up with an evening gown, hat and long gloves.

I was Kermit the Frog and Patti Hegge was a big baby. Gosh, except for Lynette , I have not seen those other gals in forever.
Leave it to Maxine to  make us laugh.

Some people go all out for Halloween.
I would make "Witch Hats" for the kids and Graveyard Pudding
I miss those days too. I hope you enjoyed this post. 
Until next time:

5 comments:

Denise said...

how are you? have you found a doctor yet? prayers continue for you.

NanaDiana said...

What great pictures. Your mom was just a lovely lady.
That is interesting about Yogi Berra! Sounds like 8 was the magic number there!
Love your Halloween pictures, too. Hope you have a great day- xo Diana

Sandee said...

What a lovely walk down your memory lane. Made me think of my mom for sure. I miss her as well.

Have a fabulous day. ☺

Mevely317 said...

Why, would you look at Kermit's tiny waistline! These pix are a real hoot! It sort of makes me sad that I've lost the spirit of Halloween somewhere along the way.

Your sunrise picture is exquisite!

Edna B said...

Oh my, such fun photos from yesteryear's Halloween. We had such great times on Halloween when I was a child. Thanks for the memories. I love your family photos. Pogo and I had ourselves a fabulous ride during the night, and this morning we are tuckered out and needing a nap.

It's a new month, and I hope it's a good one for you. Have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.