Pages

Saturday, November 17, 2018

ALPHABET SOUP

The letter C, is a cute letter for lots of great words that begin with this letter, carrots, cactus, colorful, cooking. Carrots and Cooking go hand in hand although I will eating carrots raw too. I like to cook with them and add them to many dishes like Potato Cheese Soup and Stew. I suppose carrots can be colorful too. Did you know they come in a variety of colors too?
These carrots are so colorful and come in a variety of colors, orange, yellow, purple, orange, pink. Did you know the orange carrot dates back to the 16th century? It was suppose to have been created for the royal family although there is no proof to back this claim up. Red and yellow carrots were popping up in the 13th century in Europe. Due to modern genetic research orange carrots were developed from the yellow variety.
There is a restaurant in our area that serves a delicious Carrot/apple juice. We love to order one and split it. It tastes so good, with organic ginger, carrots and a Gala apple. YUM!
I love tea. I love coffee too. But sometimes I am in the mood for one and not the other. Darjeeling is an exquisite tea. It is a favorite and  so I choose "Darjeeling" for the letter D today.

If you are a fan of Toy Story movies you will remember Buzz Lightyear drinking Darjeeling tea with Mrs. Nesbitt in the first movie. As a small boy my grandson Colton loved Buzz and today his own son Harrison loves Buzz too. Our youngest son Nick loved Woody and I still have a pillowcase keepsake from his childhood. Harrison has a full sized Buzz Lightyear to play with when he visits me.
I have a tea pot and tea cup collection. I don't think I have this one covered with beautiful pink roses but I thought perhaps it would fit in nicely for Pink Saturday I hope you visit Beverly and thank her as she has hosted this fun meme for many years.
My hubby has one amazing sense of humor. You would get this if you lived with him all these years. We enjoy a cup of hot tea before bedtime many nights. So although tea comes in a bunch of yummy varieties Darjeeling is a personal favorite.
The word energetic is an adjective and means showing great vitality or involving great activity or vitality. If you lived here with us you would enjoy or maybe not enjoy energetic puppies. 
This is early morning cuddling time and we had to show them a treat in order for everyone to look up together. They are quite a fun crew but full of puppy energy!
Love is....is such a favorite of mine. Dick Van Dyke, the actor turns 93 on December 13th this year. He swears by Tai Chi and says this is how he stays active. I think this is something we might have to try. Does anyone Tai Chi?
Brody is always a smile maker. He is growing up so quickly. The spitting image of his daddy at this age. He is quite a little handsome fellow.
A handsome fellow who will be a big brother shortly. He is going to have another brother and he is quite excited about it. This guy is 100 percent pure boy! He is energetic and funny and has a very kind heart.
I feel as though God has blessed me tremendously with my phamily. I hope your day is beautiful and you share a kindness.

3 comments:

Edna B said...

What great photos of the carrots. I love them too. I'm a coffee drinker, but I do drink tea once in a while. I keep several varieties on the shelf to match whatever my mood is at the time.

Goodness, Brody is quite the handsome little guy. They grow so fast. I think it's wonderful that he has a brother on the way. Your doggies are just so handsome. I love that photo. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

Louca por porcelana said...

Gorgeous teacup and sweet post!I am glad I stopped by!Hugs!I found you through PINK SATURDAY.

IntenseGuy said...

Love the puppy photo and the photos of the grands!