Pages

Tuesday, November 9, 2021

HAPPY TUESDAY and MORE

 Happy Tuesday


I had my annual Derm appoitment. Everything went well and Mary Ann, my P.A. was as nice as ever. I am grateful everything looked great! Iwas happy!

Avery took me to my appointment and than we had lunch at the Old Spaghetti Factory. It was packed. Which surprised us for a Tuesday afternoon.  I had their delicious lasagne and he had his favorite, the meat lovers special. They have the best sourdough bread and of course, to finish your meal, the Spumoni ice cream cup. We took a selfie outside the restaurant. We were happy!

When I woke up this morning I had the Don Williams song, "Lord I Hope This Day Is Good" running through my head. All in all the day has been very good to us even with the cold front moving in.Happy!

"Lord I hope this day is good,

I'm feeling empty and misunderstood .

I should be thankful Lord, I know I should.

But Lord I hope this day is good."

It is a really beautiful song and a young country singer Kaylee Hammock redid the song with the one and only Alan Jackson. I love and always will love, the old traditional country music. Don Williams was a favorite of my mom too so we liked listening to his music. Music always makes me happy.


Maxine is usual right about her snarky statements. The time change has never been a favorite. We did get to sleep in today so that helped. But we nearly forgot the trash man was coming. HaHa ...he was late too. The time change is not favorable to the household pets either!


Throughout history many protesters worked hard to change things that were important. Take the right to vote for woman. Although many of the wealthy women who were involved, like Mrs.  Alva Vanderbilt fought for the right to vote the first state to allow women to vote was Wyoming. New York, where Mrs. Vanderbilt lives, did not received the vote until years later. I always love history and finding fun facts.



7 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I do not like changing the cocks! One night of an extra hour sleep does not make up for months of dark half of the day. A spaghetti restaraunt, WOW, I would sure love that!!

Brian's Home Blog said...

That meal sure sounds good. We're happy our favorite restaurant is very close to where we live. We usually go there once a week at least. Maxine is always a hoot!

messymimi said...

Next time the clocks change, i lobby that we split the difference, change them by a half hour, and then leave them alone forever after!

Theresa said...

Oh I love Maxine, I am not a fan of time change or even change at all:) Enjoy your day dear friend, hope it is a good one! HUGS!

Changes in the wind said...

Good morning, thank you for stopping in and leaving a comment.

Sandee said...

Sounds like you had a very happy day yesterday. How wonderful. Going out to lunch with your hubby is a good thing too. I've never been to the Spaghetti Factory. Sounds good.

I love Maxine. She gets things right.

Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

Have a fabulous day, my friend. Big hug. ♥

pilch92 said...

I am glad your appointment was good and you got to go out to eat with your hubby. XO