Pages

Wednesday, April 5, 2023

MY FATHER

 

I lost my father on this date 38 years ago. It never gets easier. But for all the wealth in the world, I would not wish him back to suffer in these difficult times that are coming to our once beautiful USA and our once beautiful world. I wait for the day when I will be able to share a reunion with him and so many others.

And above all things have fervent love for one another, for “love will cover a multitude of sins.” 1 Peter 4:8

Anse Source d'Argent Seychelles  WORDLESS WEDNESDAY


Oh Maxine, I'm with you, on cheesecake! It makes me H A P P Y!

Happy Tuesday

THINGS THAT MAKE ME HAPPY:

Ok so Maxine beat me to Cheesecake, New York Style or Chocolate thank you please.

The smell of rain

The smell of fresh cut grass in the summertime

Books and I have been reading lots of those lately!

"Some cause happiness wherever they go. Others whenever they go." Oscar Wilde.

 Aw...Mondays




8 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Your Dad was handsome, and this is a nice tribute to him!

Brian's Home Blog said...

Hugs as you remember your very special Dad. Thanks for the funnies, they were really good.

Sandee said...

Big healing hugs on the loss of your father. It doesn't get any easier indeed.

I love your Wordless Wednesday, your Happy Tuesday and your Awww Mondays. You covered it all. I love Maxine and I love cheesecake.

Thank you for joining the hops.

Have a fabulous day and rest of the week. Love and hugs. ♥

pilch92 said...

SOrry you didn't get to have more time with your dad. XO

XmasDolly said...

And I mine. I totally agree with you. My dad died of lung cancer when he was 57 yrs. & he had a hard time of it. My sadness is he didn't get to meet all his grandchildren & great grandchildren now. He would've had so much fun. So, I tell stories about him to my children & believe it or not it seems to help a bit. I mean they were true stories, but it helps me to remember too! God speed & may your Father be remembered with lots of love as mine.

Terra said...

This is a nice tribute post for your dad. My hubby died six years ago, and even in these short years the USA and the world have taken a turn for the worse. Let's stand firm and get prayed up.

Daniela said...

I so love this post of yours, dear Anne, where we can find so many feelings: love and sadness for the lost of your loved father you've never forgotten and stopped loving, humor, gladness, and the Faith in the quote of Peter I so love!
Thank you for sharing it all!
Sending blessings on your Easter
Xx Daniela @ ~ My little old world ~ (Dany)

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Feeling sad that you did not get to spend more time with your dad, but agree wholeheartedly with your sentiment of not wishing him back to witness and suffer through these difficult times.

Love the joke about Polly and Esther. Kids say the cutest things.