Pages

Friday, April 26, 2024

A TREMENDOUS LOSS/ FELINE FRIDAY/ SCRIPTURE

 

 Diann Leigh LaBell-Huffaker passed away March 1, 2024. There will be a Celebration of Life when the lilac's bloom.  She was the most delightful blogger (The Thrifty Groove), thrift shopper, purse and tea cup and teapot collector. She loved to travel with her husband Troy, who is a long distance truck driver. She also created many beautiful table settings with her thrift store finds. 

Diann had a kind heart. I loved her shares about dinner at her dad's after her mom passed away. Her dad was a great cook and had his three children & their families over . Many of us joked with Diann that we wanted to be adopted by her dad Harvey.

Her obituary is at Martensen Family Funeral Homes. It is a great loss. She always replied to messages even when they were traveling cross country. Her obituary said, in lieu of flowers, please do an act of kindness for others in memory of Diann.

I am going to miss her as she was always so upbeat and sweet. She last posted at social media February 28, 2024. They were having dinner with friends and she always shared the places they ate and all the fun they had. 

I am so saddened and shocked at her passing. She was 60 years old. But she loved her mom Janice so much and her loss was a shock for their family. I am sure Dianne in enjoying the company of her mom. My thoughts & prayers go out to Troy and her dad Harvey and her two brothers, and all who loved her. 

It takes courage to be kind. 

Loved you Diann and will miss you very much.


I think I am going to attempt to plat another lilac bush. Diann was a Master Gardener. So I am going to give it one more try and hope she is shining down on that beautiful, fragrant plant. Rest easy Diann, may the angels help you with your heavenly garden.

  • Matthew 11:28-30: “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

Ellen and Lorianne shared these Friendly fill In's. Ellen created the first two and Lorianne the second two. Thanks ladies.

1. I find _____________________ offensive.

2. __________________ is a good way to make some extra cash.

3. _________ makes me feel like I can accomplish anything.

4. I could see myself naming a cat or dog _________.

My answers:

1. I find people who are unkind offensive.

2. Selling her personal clothing, handbags, and shoes is a good way to make some extra cash.

3. When I spread kindness it makes me feel like I can accomplish anything.

4. I could see myself naming a cat or dog Lily or Thomas.

“Be the reason someone smiles. Be the reason someone feels loved and believes in the goodness in people.” Roy T. Bennett

4 comments:

Sandee said...

I don't know who this is, but big healing hugs because you loved her. ♥

Ginny Hartzler said...

What a loss. I am so sorry. I am always so sad when a blogger passes. But you posted a wonderful tribute!!

pilch92 said...

I am so sorry on the loss of your friend Diann. Thank you for participating in the fill-ins, great answers. I like the names you have for future pets. :) And I am with you on #1. XO

messymimi said...

My condolences to all who knew and loved Diann.

Lilacs are beautiful, I pray you can grow a bush in her memory.

You are right that unkindness is offensive. It takes great courage to be kind.