Maybe you don't like country music but there are so many talented people there. What I dislike, its the fact that the Grand Ole Opry is concerned about record sales, so they let literally anyone in there these days. It is very sad.
Rhonda Vincent and the Rage are a bluegrass singer and her band. Last week she was on the Opry and she sang a bluegrass version of Dolly's song 9 to 5! It literally gave me chills and I could see Dolly in Heaven probably thinking, why didn't I think of that? Dolly was a real icon and she was involved in so much always with helping others in mind. She lived a glorious life and sang with all kinds of singers even getting into the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame! That girl could sing!
John Foster is a new kid! He is barely 20 years old. He writes with Bill Anderson and Jamey Johnson and lots of established folks. His music is amazing. Last week on the Opry, he sang Dolly's song "Coat of Many Colors" and I know Dolly would have been very proud of John.
There are a couple of guys who do mashups! Cody Alan and Thomas Mac. They both also have written songs of praise to Jesus! They were told that would never fly but their fan base says otherwise!
Bill Anderson is my very favorite country music songwriter/singer . He is the longest serving Grand Ole Opry performer with 65 years! Bobby Bare and Jeannie Pruett are older than Bill but they have not been in the Opry as long as he has!
My favorite country music performer. He wrote the song Give It Away with Jamey Johnson, another great country performer. George Strait took that song to number one! Sigh...





3 comments:
I have stopped and prayed for them all, especially to bind the evil one and to show the discouraged all the love they have in the Lord.
I've been to the Opry twice, luckily with good acts. I don't watch it these days, even though they stream live on Youtube, the new stuff just isn't enjoyable.
I've never been to the Opry, and honestly don't feel led right now -- what with all the crowds and folks I wouldn't recognize. George Strait will always leave notes in my heart; most of all those I love are what I refer to as "real Country" oldsters. Gotta admit, however, John Foster is amazing. I was so sad when he didn't win.
Post a Comment