Pages

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Home Sweet Home

I had planned to share my Home Sweet Home stitched picture with you here but in the midst of switching laptops  I need to still load all my files on this newer laptop! So I am relying on images from the internet to share. I am sharing today with Ms. Jenny and my very late letter "H" today as well as Beverly at Pink Saturday.

How about a pretty pink cottage to share tea with a special friend?

Strawberry Madeleines
Ingredients
  • 1 egg
  • 5 tablespoons coconut sugar (or cane sugar)
  • 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2-3 tablespoons strawberry balsamic or lavender jam (doesn’t have to be thick)
  • Pinch Pink Himalayan Salt
  • 1/2 cup organic all-purpose flour
  • 5 tablespoons local salted butter (melted and cooled slightly)
Preparation
  • Preheat oven to 375F.
  • Melt butter and set aside to cool.
  • Butter and flour mini-madeleine pans well. I used extra melted butter and a tea caddy to add flour to each mold evenly.This left me with a light but very even coating.
  • With a hand whisk, beat the egg and sugar in a large until they are well-blended.
  • Beat in vanilla, jam, and salt.
  • Add flour and beat until just blended.
  • Gradually add cooled melted butter to mixture, beating until just blended.
  • Spoon one teaspoon of batter into each cake shell. The batter may thicken as it cools but don’t overfill or try to press the batter into the mold, they batter will spread and fill the mold.
  • Bake until puffed and edges are lightly golden, about 10-12 minutes. Do not brown. The time may vary depending on your baking sheet. You may use the mini madeleine coated pan from Williams-Sonoma. Makes about 20-24 depending on how full you fill the molds.
  • Cool in pan for 3-5 minutes, then remove from the pan gently with a silicon spatula and finishing cooling on a wire rack.
  • Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
  • Dust with confectioners sugar just before serving
  •  
  •  
 A pretty pink teacup to share during your relaxing tea time. Don't you think this is a perfect setting for a Home Sweet Home affair?

Once Nick leaves for college I will need to console myself so I have grand plans to take my three daughters to a special tea house near our lovely Colorado mountains. It will be a nice relaxing day and we can share some "girls only" time. My middle took me to see the movie "Magic Mike". Yikes! Lots of bare bottoms in that movie and not a man in the movie house! LOL!

11 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Those look yummy!!!!

anitamombanita said...

strawberry madeleines! Oh yum! they sound magical...and of course organic flour makes them totally OK for ANY diet, right? :)

Hope you get and enjoy that girl time with your daughters! Sounds great!

Theresa said...

Yummmy treats! Oh and Magic Mike:) Hope you have an awesome day dear friend! HUGS!

LV said...

You found some great pinks. That drink sounds really cool and refreshing far these hot days in Texas. Trust all is ell with you and family.

Antiques And Teacups said...

What a great Pink Saturday post! LOVE the strawberry madelines, on of my favorite tea treats and the teacup is beautiful! It's a bit of an adjustment when the kids head out into the big world, isn't it? Glad you have something fun to do to perk ypourself up! Hope you'll post photos!
Ruth

SarahBeth said...

Lovin' that sweet tea cup and those wonderful flower boxes and hanging baskets! So pretty!

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Oh! the cookies look delicious! All the best to your Nick in college and so good to hear that you are able to spend time with your three daughters! What a blessing to live near enough to them for girl times together.

Blessings & Aloha!
Thank you so very much for stopping by!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Happy Pink Saturday, Anne! As always I am sorry to be visiting late --weekends are so busy.

I love the pink madelines and that pink tea cup is so delicate and beautiful! I'd love a tea set, like that wouldn't you?

Is the tea house you are talking about the one in Boulder? I had tea there once. I also heard the Brown Palace in Denver has tea but I imagine it is really expensive I know there is also a English tea place in LoDo --my daughter-in-law brought me there once. It will be lovely for you and your daughters to enjoy tea together!

Fashion Momma said...

Wonderful pics!

I played too. Mine are here and here.

Jenny said...

I've never heard of strawberry madelines. Those sound scrumptious.

KDL said...

Those look truly yummy and PINK. I am singing home sweet home big time today since we just returned from caring for my MIL. Always good to get home. Sorry for my late return visit. Thanks for stopping by The Simple Life.