Pages

Monday, January 16, 2017

Words to Ponder

This made me smile and laugh all together! I hope you stopped by Sandee's  and join the Aw....Mondays fun! do you remember the silly popular song from a few years ago, "I Like Big Butts And I Can Not Lie?" It was silly and I see where this photo got that idea for this caption. Rose is very friendly to Leo. He is a big dog and she is a small cat. She is picky about who her close friends are. 

If we are lucky enough to see it, a blue moon will appear next on January 31,2018. I love these photos especially because after my mammogram today and lovely breakfast cooked up by the hubby, he took me to see the movie Hidden Figures. It is an excellent movie and I would see it if you haven't already. It is about the NASA Space Program and the African-American women who worked it in. Wow! All the math you need to send someone into space. It boggles my mind! I hope you will see this movie. I had hoped to stop by and say hello to Jeanne at Blue Monday but she is still without internet and it could be two months before they have it again! I will still share my blue moon and hope you mark your calendar for January 31, 2018.
Love is...sometime doing silly things together. Today we had frigid temps and a snowy morning. We almost did not make it out of our appointment parking lot. Everything in lots of older neighborhoods are up a hill and down a winding road. Not great for icy roads and cars slipping and sliding about! But we made it out alive and we are grateful!  So we came home and finished clearing our walks. The city wants them done by nine a.m. but while the snow was still falling, what is the point, seriously? We make the best of these cold and snowy days. I am very grateful all the kids got back and forth to their jobs without incident. At least the sun came up and melted lots of the street snow. Our driveway  start up that driveaway or slide back out on the street! Ah...the joys of snow and living your whole life in it!


Oh Maxine, you are crabby and yet you can make me laugh! Maxine, created by a gentleman, is something else!
Some favor words to share with you here.  Knowledge is power but if you have character you will earn respect.


Bruce Lee was a favorite of my hubby. He fought for Asians to have a voice in Hollywood and not be reduced to merely the hired help alongside the star of the T.V. series he starred in, The Green Hornet. He was so much more than just a martial arts expert. Many people do not know very much about him. It is sad he passed away so young. My hubby still has his Jeet Kun Do book about the martial arts he founded.  He was very talented. What a great loss .
Our country needs to stop the hatefulness and come together and make our nation great again. This says it best.


6 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Make sure you delete the comment above mine. This idiot is on a stomp to put this on anyone's blog he can....lol...it's probably really some woman. lol

Great post and my hubby always loved Lee, too. I am so glad that you got to see the movie. My hubby went to see it with a grandgirl but I have not seen it yet--but I will.

Hope you have a great day and good rest of the week. xo Diana

Sandee said...

It made me smile too. That's an Awww and then some.

You really need to delete that hateful comment from that want to be man.

I love all things Maxine.

Have a fabulous day honey. Big hugs. ♥♥♥

Mevely317 said...

Love that Maxine!

Now, I claim to love WINTER but would be hard-pressed to handle driving in that much snow and ice. And what about clearing one's walks? How's someone supposed to do that if they work outside the house ... or, if they're elderly and infirm?!

Thanks for the movie recommendation. I've been on the fence about seeing that, or Patriot's Day.

Edna B said...

I'm more of a Spring and Fall person. I'd have to say that Winter is my least favorite season because I have to stay indoors so much of the time. I'd rather be outdoors enjoying the fresh air and sunshine. Pogo too!!

I do love Maxine. Somehow she always knows exactly what to say! As for the movies, I don't bother with them. I don't find most of them very enjoyable anymore. I will, however, enjoy watching a movie I got as a gift. "The Secret Life of Pets".

Now I must get busy and do a few chores around the house. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

This winter has been a cold wild one here too, glad you made it out and back safely. I did not know there was a blue moon coming, I hope it will be clear here so we can see it. Happy to visit with you today, and praying you have a blessed and lovely weekend :)

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

I have two dogs and one cat and my cat always cleans the one dogs' ears just like that first shot!